Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Kerio WinRoute Firewall 6.1.0 Beta 1 released!
  •  
Richard GABRIEL

Send a private message to this user
Version 6.1.0 Beta 1 - April 21, 2005

More information about new version can be found at http://www.kerio.com/beta_section.html#kwf

Download links:
http://download.kerio.com/dwn/kwf6-beta.exe
http://download.kerio.com/eu/dwn/kwf6-beta.exe

[Updated on: Sun, 24 July 2005 12:26] by Moderator

Richard Gabriel
Kerio Technologies
  •  
RHarmsen.nl

I noticed the folowing:

What's new?

- Transparent user mapping in Active Directory domains
- Support for multiple Active Directory domains
- Customizable routing configuration for VPN tunnels
- Server certificate validation in VPN clients
- Kerio Clientless SSL-VPN
(web-based secure access to network shares in LAN)

I was told Kerio Winroute 6.1 would have some kind of BandWith limiting, is it posponed to a later version? or was it just forgotten to be mentioned.
  •  
Richard GABRIEL

It was decided to postpone the bandwidth management feature because of raising availability of hi-speed Internet connections.

Richard Gabriel
Kerio Technologies
  •  
stoupajc

rgabriel napsal dne Pá, 22 duben 2005 11:40

It was decided to postpone the bandwidth management feature because of raising availability of hi-speed Internet connections.

U think, if i have a 1mbit speed of my connetion (or it isn`t hi-speed?)to the Internet and cca 60 users on the lan, i don`t need pritization or bandwidth management ???
Who says it U ???
Also exists users outside US !!! I`m from Czech republic, look at czech forum, I`m not alone!! But US must have a same problem, I looked at this forum and I found it any postt here...

Jan Janecek
Network administrator
VOS a SPS, Jicin
http://www.vos-sps-jicin.cz
  •  
LordGraj

Hello, when I try to connect to SSL VPN from my LAN or Internet, always said Incorrect Logon. What happens?

Sorry for my english.

Thanks.
  •  
Richard GABRIEL

You must authenticate in the apropriate domain (which the WinRoute machine is a member of).
Make sure to set the authentication properly in Users and Groups / Users / Authentication options or set the domain mapping in Users and Groups / Users / Active Directory.

Richard Gabriel
Kerio Technologies
  •  
Yaroslav

when? WHEN traffic shaping become available??? Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad

[Updated on: Fri, 29 April 2005 09:33]

•  
mpoisel

Yaroslav wrote on Fri, 29 April 2005 09:29

when? WHEN traffic shaping become available??? Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad

I afraid, never Crying or Very Sad
  •  
stoupajc

mpoisel napsal dne Pá, 29 duben 2005 18:00

Yaroslav wrote on Fri, 29 April 2005 09:29

I afraid, never Crying or Very Sad

Never, because US citizens says "we have very fast connection and we don`t need this".
This is official expression of management Kerio.

Jan Janecek
Network administrator
VOS a SPS, Jicin
http://www.vos-sps-jicin.cz
  •  
stranikm

This is very stupid idea. Now when we have IP phones, Remote Desktop connection, FTP and HTTP things, we really need bandwidth management. Why? Why I should have problem with voice, if somebody start download from FTP, how I explain, we have strong line, but it will not be strong enough ever, because we use software from last century, not from this?! Think about it. Americans are not center of WORLD. I thought this is software for us too, you told me some months ago that this future will be there and now you are saying something else? I do not like it. I am really disappoint - keep this way you lose all customers, but it is your choice.
  •  
a.falanga

Here (France) we need : Bandwidth management why simply because we are not in US an 1 Mb line are more common than T2 Mad
  •  
ps.nepali@gmail.com

It's up to U Ppl Rolling Eyes , but you know, we will have lot'oh advantage if you could include Bandwidth Mgmt. (in unit or in %) Cool

Source/Dest./Srv. ---------------- B/W allocation

VPN Server & Client---------------0.30 Mb
// high priority and Broadway for VPN

VoIP support ---------------------0.50 Mb
// this requires lot of bandwidth so dedicated B/W is required, make sure you are not disturbed by other necessary / un necessary stuff

HTTP -----------------------------0.40 Mb
// for fast surf and online stream

Source/Dest./Srv.----B/W allocation ------- Off office Hours.

FTP download----------0.25 Mb-------------0.75 Mb
FTP upload------------0.40 Mb-------------0.75 Mb
HTTP download---------0.25 Mb-------------0.75 Mb
// these things can be given low priority in Peak hours and keep open in off office hours.

These are my assumptions if kerio introduces B/W management.

It will be used by high B/W and Low B/W users accordingly.
I see advantage to every one ~~ high B/W users, low B/W users and kerio itself. !!! Cool !!!! !!!!! Razz !!!!!!
Razz

I hope kerio will think about this.

[Updated on: Fri, 13 May 2005 17:36]

•  
stranikm

This is message mainly for Kerio. If you think, we do not need BM, we can only change software. For example: http://www.fx.dk/firewall/

• Multi-Platform support
• Local/Remote GUI
• Deep Packet Inspection
• Stateful Inspection
• Intrusion Detection (IDS)
• Dynamic Firewall Rules
• 10+ Security Levels
• IPSec VPN Server
• IPSec VPN Client
• Basic Virus protection
• Access Control
• Packet Filtering
• Traffic Accounting
• Traffic Shaping
• Bandwidth Management
• SafeMail (secure e-mail)
• Web Filtering
• Internet Gateway (NAT)
• DHCP Server
• DNS Forwarding
• Port scan protection
• PPPoE Client
• PPTP Client

Do you really think that we want to change software? Kerio is good, but not that good, and if you do not give to us another option, what we can do? Tell me.
Previous Topic: Guild Wars with WinRoute Firewall
Next Topic: router to winroute vpn
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 18:35:07 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00533 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.