Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Out of Office Response - Wish Item
  •  
alaskacpu

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

As a new user - who just transformed a complete organization from Exchange 2000 Adv Server - to Kerio Mailer Server - the task was a daunting task - to say the least. :D

We use OUTLOOK - and that's mandated where I work!

Now that we have almost completed the migration, system is stable - many are looking for those Bell's & Whistles!

Out of Office - provided for by Exchange - is not part of the Kerio Mail Server. Anyone know if they plan to add this feature?

Last, but not least! We have successfully setup MailFrontier Gateway Server - with Kerio (using the latest version) - which kills 96% of our SPAM - prior to releasing this email to Kerio, which usually catches the last 3% - but still has some false positives.

Email from one user - going to the same domain - to another user - should never be considered spam!

Whitelisting needs to be added for the Adminstrator to over-ride false positives!

Blacklisting should also be there. We never use the BlackList by other organizations - because they follow their own set of rules - and potentially black list many of our government clients.

Finally - does the supporting staff read these messages? I did a search for Out of Office - and got 3 hits - and one - pertained to another product!

The latest version Kerio Mailserver is very stable - and is starting to work well for us - as we learn this new system.

Some other wish-list items (including one's above):

1) Out of Office
2) WhiteListing - by domain
3) BlackListing - by domain
4) Clearing Log View - with deleting logs
5) PopUp Login - without NT/Active Directory integration

I'm sure a stop by here every once in awhile - to see whose who - and see if the support is as good as they it is!

Regards
M!

USA Rocks the World!
  •  
peterj

Out of office is included but must be enabled in webmail.
(Equivalent effect can (almost) be achieved using OL/KMS message rules.)

(The problem is that 'real' autoreply should only respond to each sender weekly.)

I don't know what 'MailFrontier Gateway Server' is but anti-spam is supposed to be getting better in 6.1 if it ever arrives...

Whitelisting will be possible from KOC clients and mail can be marked as spam for bayes by moving into junk folder...
(This makes it possible for IMAP clients to train filters..)

You can custom white/blacklist in the console already so I'm not sure what you mean by this.. (You can also achive the effect that local mail is never considered spam..)

•  
alaskacpu

Hi,

Thanks for your response!

Yes - you are correct! After posting - and working through the manuals - I finally stumbled on the Out of Office - in the WebMail. This is sufficient! I don't think our clients will find this too hard to do! This helps - one less item to worry about!

SPAM is/has been a target issue for us. Mailfrontier Gateway Servers - is a full-fledge AntiSpam Server. It's expensive, but does a great job. Basically - we route all email through the Mailfrontier Gateway (port 25) - before it gets to Kerio (which can use any port). It will be interesting to see the new version 6.1.

I understand your thoughts on Whitelisting - by clients who train their listings. However, for the Administrator - a whitelist should be available. You say this is already available - but yet - I'm having a hard time in finding how to whitelist for example: .abc.com, .microsoft.com, etc... I just don't see it - and hopefully you can explain this to me!

I also need some help - in understanding how to use the Public Folders. I can create the folders - but how do I place items into the folder? Then manual is confusing to us!

We do appreciate the forum and its assistance!

Regards
M!

USA Rocks the World!
Previous Topic: web mail attachment size
Next Topic: Mail Services Stop
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 22:42:20 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00434 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.