Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Ceased to work antivirus.
  •  
Pasha

Send a private message to this user
Today appeared the message in ravine:
[25/Apr/2005 08:33:04] (8304:2) Antivirus plug-in error: Unable to initialize: avir_mcafee (Engine failed to initialize - 8).
Antivirus ceased to work.
В than reason?

[Updated on: Mon, 25 April 2005 08:28]

•  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

Pasha wrote on Mon, 25 April 2005 08:27

Today appeared the message in ravine:
[25/Apr/2005 08:33:04] (8304:2) Antivirus plug-in error: Unable to initialize: avir_mcafee (Engine failed to initialize - Cool.
Antivirus ceased to work.
В than reason?

McAfee doesn't support new virus definition files in old McAfee engines uses in older versions (mainly 5.x) of KMS/KWF. Please upgrate to latest KMS/KWF version with new McAfee engine.

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio
  •  
Pasha

Possible upgrate only McAfee engines without upgrate to latest KMS/KWF version?
  •  
yacine

Good point, I have the same issue and I do not want to upgrade kms...

Could you please provide these .dat files or any workaround to restart from scratch: I tryed with empty files but it did not help.

PS: I'm running kms 5.7.6
  •  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

yacine wrote on Wed, 27 April 2005 12:59

Good point, I have the same issue and I do not want to upgrade kms...

Could you please provide these .dat files or any workaround to restart from scratch: I tryed with empty files but it did not help.

PS: I'm running kms 5.7.6

It's not in .dat files, it's .dll or .so files with McAfee engine.

I already provided workaround or solution: Please upgrate to latest KMS/KWF version with new McAfee engine included.

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio
Previous Topic: Support of host header
Next Topic: Trojan files blocking
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 02:53:14 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00383 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.