Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Problems with Mailserver since Friday
  •  
magnum

Send a private message to this user
Hi all,

i am running Kerio Mailsever for several months (with AV-Option).

Since Friday i ran into two problems.

The first one is this error message:
[25/Apr/2005 10:30:04] mail_avir.cpp: Antivirus check of mail from <external-adress> to <internal-adress> failed:
server not running

The second one is this:
[23/Apr/2005 23:11:14] DSN: From: <>, To: <external-adress>, Size: 2753, Report: delay
[24/Apr/2005 21:15:09] DSN: From: <>, To: <external-adress>, Size: 2538, Report: failed

The Server is configured to send and receive mails through the internet-connection via the external mailserver of the Webhosting-Provider. It is also configured as an IMAP-Server for the local accounts.

I've edited the mail-adresses in the example above. The DSN-Problems are without a 'from'-adress.

Any ideas ?

•  
lebobo

Same problem. To solve it :
- Stop Kerio Mail Server service
- Download sdat.exe from www.nai.com
- Unpack sdat.exe int folder ...\kerio\mailserver\McAfee (sdat.exe /e to uncompress)
- Restart Kerio Mail Server service

Best regards,
Bruno
  •  
magnum

I've tried this.

I have manually updated the DAT-Files and restarted the mailserver.

But i can't activate the McAfee engine. There is always a message that the engine could not start.

Original Message:
"Antivirus-Engine could not be started: Engine failed to initialize -8"
  •  
RHarmsen.nl

Do you have another Virus scanner running on the Mailserver machine?
if so, make sure that the virus scanner doesn't scan the mailstorage folders, as it could block scanning of a test virus, and so to cause McAffee in the mailserver to no initialise.
  •  
magnum

There are running only two applications running on that machine.

- Kerio Winroute Firewall
- Kerio Mailserver

The Firewall is scanning only the Traffic through the network interfaces.

This system is running well for several months. The problems starting last friday.

[Updated on: Tue, 26 April 2005 07:37]

•  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

magnum wrote on Tue, 26 April 2005 07:36

There are running only two applications running on that machine.

- Kerio Winroute Firewall
- Kerio Mailserver

The Firewall is scanning only the Traffic through the network interfaces.

This system is running well for several months. The problems starting last friday.

See my answer in this thread http://forums.kerio.com/index.php?t=msg&th=5681&star t=0

The reason is the same.

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio
Previous Topic: Several Accounts Locked Out - Help!
Next Topic: 6.0.9: 5 spontaneous KMS shutdowns in 2 days - without a trace in the logs!
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 08:47:10 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00454 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.