Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Several Accounts Locked Out - Help!
  •  
alaskacpu

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

Does Kerio have a maintenace utility to find corruption, correct files in inbox etc. I have (4) accounts that need correcting.

1) I have several email accounts with files in INBOX - but they are not showing up. Kerio says 0 emails.

2) I have a account with a filename called: metadata.pag that is over 2GBs - What's up with this? His total account is not even close to 2GBs. The reason I ask - is because the backup is failing on several email accounts - because of this reason.

3) There should be a maintenance tool within the console or a utiltiy created by Kerio that can fix these problems with any account - to check integrity of all files etc....

PLEASE ADVISE!

M!

USA Rocks the World!
  •  
ARoss

yep, we had our file space trigger the watchdog even though mail quotas were fine.

apparently the metadata is a temp sort/filter from KOC, you can delete them, they will regenerate I believe.

as for maint tool for this .... wait for it,... yep version 6.1

On the user front, can't advise, but I was locked out (as a domain user) but could login as administrator (local). Domain was fine, server needed a restart to cure.
... I suspect 6.0.9 has windows reliablity issues as well.

Perfomance of 6.0.9 great, reliability is pants.
  •  
ARoss

on metadata issue Kerio support did respond to the email very quickly
  •  
alaskacpu

Thanks Guys,

I'll do that tonight - delete these large metatdata.pag files - and reboot. Can't reboot - too many on the server at the moment! They will all start calling me - if i do! I don't need the headack!

Maintenance tool - version 6.1 (cool) - can't wait for this release!

Regards
Mike

USA Rocks the World!
  •  
alaskacpu

I read the reply's concerning the metadata.pag files.

Strange that when you import - the file grows to 2GBs! If every account did that - it would take 2/5's of our HD Space!

That is why - they need a maintenance tool (by account) or (all accounts) - to check integrity, files etc - reset counters etc.
A tool like this would be easy to make - and since they know the format etc...

Anyone know when 6.1 is due out!

Regards
Mike

USA Rocks the World!
  •  
peterj

July - If were lucky!!!
Previous Topic: SMTP Proxy spam attack detected
Next Topic: Problems with Mailserver since Friday
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 02:52:41 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00413 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.