Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » emails go out blank!
  •  
r2tech

Send a private message to this user
hi,
recently a client has been having a problem where certain emails he replies to goes out blank. the subject is fine, just the body is blank. does not always happen though, and sometime when one email is sent to many people, some will get it fine, while others get blank emails!

he is using outlook, and they are using kerio mailserver internally (just to store the emails on imap internally), but connect to our server via pop.

also, over the last few days, he has not been able to recieve certain attachments. say if he is sent a 300kb attachment, you can see outlook downloading 300kb, but it displays the email without the attachment (and its not a security or attachment block issue either).

this one has got me totally stumped. any help is greatly appreciated!.

thanks guys
  •  
wildje

This is a bug which I encountered back in 6.0.3. Although it is already reported, Kerio doesn't seem to bother about it
  •  
g.otto

I am having the same thing happen to my clients 3 users in-particular. It seems to be happening to specific addresses which is even more weird. Kerio what could cause this? the problem has seemed to have happened since the update to 6.1.2
  •  
cohcon

Check and see what format he is using in Outlook. It's probably set to MS RTF with MS Word as the editor.

If so, try changing the format and turn off MS word as the editor and see if the problem still occurs.

I used to have this same problem on lotus notes. Changing the format from MS RTF fixed the problem for us. IBM confirmed that notes had a problem with some MS RTF messages.

•  
sedell

A lot of programs have trouble with the MS RTF format. I squashed it via Group Policy because everyone who used it, at some point in time, called complaining that recipients were having trouble with received messages. Sometimes they can't read the message, sometimes attachments weren't working, attachment filters were blocking messages because of the way the RTF format embeds some documents... just constant headaches. As far as I could determine, the only thing that can handle the MS RTF format 100% is Exchange and Outlook.
  •  
HidS

I have a similar problem. Very rare tho.

When a user drags emails into folders, the email is blank. It's not the same as replying to an email and the reply going out blank. That happens now and then.

But one particular user has this problem when she drags an email into My Documents (or whatever) and when she opens it, it's blank.

She tried this on an email i sent her which was in HTML format.

I'm using Outlook XP and latest KOC and XP Pro.

Any ideas? Ta.
  •  
RPC_Admin

I was just informed of this problem happening here by one of my users. I searched through my "sent messages" and noticed a handful of blank messages. I have outlook set to plain text only, but when I reply to a HTML message it seems to cause the blank emails on my end more often.
  •  
Wullie

I have the same problem with one of my clients. But not only does Kerio send blank mails, my client also receives blank mails. Very strange because sometimes it works and sometimes it does not work. Does anyone have any suggestions to solve this problem? The client is a sales, so incoming mail is important!
  •  
g.otto

Yes I have that problem that it goes both ways and my clients are also in sales and I am taking heat for this.
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

Please ensure that you are all using 6.1.2 of KMS and KOC. Also try creating a new profile, and only specify the MAPI account in that profile. You may also want to follow the steps in KB article:

http://support.kerio.com/kb/292

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
  •  
bdeloach

I have the same issue. I also have an issue where the outlook client connector (yes it's the latest version) screws up the header info and it will not send out emails. Outlook thinks it sent an email (if you look in sent items it's there) but a peek into the web mail client will reveal items in the sent items folder with a blank sent to field. I have about 10 users with this problem. It's very repeatable. My users are starting to become very angry.
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

If you have not done so already, please submit a support ticket:

Just as a side note, 99% of the time these types of issues are caused by outside conflicts and not the MailServer. Antivirus plugins for Outlook commonly cause this issue. Also using an old profile with an old POP3 account can also cause this, which is why I recommend creating a new profile with only the MAPI account as a test.

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
  •  
krypto

I have this problem too, with sent items appearing blank (they're arriving ok, thankfully). Can't submit a support ticket because the contract ran out at christmas. Thank goodness for these forums - at least I know it's not just me. I tried downgrading to 6.1.1 Patch 1 but that hasn't helped :-( I'm also getting flack for this, so some help would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: It only happens to HTML emails, so I can get around it by setting only plain text for the moment

[Updated on: Wed, 01 February 2006 19:26]

•  
Wullie

Still have the same problem... there are even more then three users who have this problem now.

I'm using: outlook 2000 sp3 with KOC. KMS runs on a fedora core 4.

Can anyone help me? I'm getting desperate and calls keep coming in...
niessink

Hello,

Had the same problem with some emails, seems to be a problem with the Eurosign () and KOC 6.1.2. Downgrading to KOC 6.1.1 seems to be the solution (for now). Haven't tried this yet, cause I can't find the KOC 6.1.1 on the website of Kerio.
Also see my topic "empty mail when is used".

Besides problems with the Eurosign, I also had some problems with newsletters send by mail. Some can be forwarded without a problem, others go out blank. No solution found yet...

Will send an email to support with the problems I have and the solutions we have found (together with Ivan Jelic/B:Computer Gmbh).

We work with:
Windows XP sp2
Kerio Mailserver 6.1.2
Kerio Outlook Connector 6.1.2

Greetings!

Niessink & Partners
The Netherlands

[Updated on: Sun, 07 June 2009 20:30]

Previous Topic: Default mailaddress
Next Topic: Disable KOC Auto Update
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 09:36:50 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00516 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.