Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » White List Email Address Or Domain
  •  
alaskacpu

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

Anyone know how to white-list in the Admin Console a particular address or domain?

I have a notice sent to all users - every morning - by Administrator<_at_>domain.com - and it's being flagged as spam by Kerio - and I need it to stop delivering this email to the Junk Folder!

Any advise is appreicated!

Regards
Mike

USA Rocks the World!
  •  
bperkins

Configuration->Spam Filter in the admin console. You can add a rule to tell it not to flag it spam.

Hope this helps,
BP
  •  
alaskacpu

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response!

Regards
Mike

USA Rocks the World!
  •  
RPC_Admin

Hi,

I have the same issue with 3 different addresses. They are newletters that are important to us. they get marked as spam every day. For a month every day I have manually marked them "not spam" and moved them into my inbox. I have also added them to the whitelist, and yet still marked as spam everyday! Any help would be great. Thanks
  •  
alaskacpu

Hi,

This is rediculous!

Create a rule - and the rule is ignored! There is no reason a mail from the local domain is considered spam! This is totally dumb!

We have a administrator<_at_>ourdomain.com go out every morning and this email has been considered spam since day 1 of installing Kerio 6.0.9 - and no matter what rule I create - it's still considered SPAM!

So - now we know that Rules don't work - so there's a bug here!
2nd - it's also a bug that mail from the current domain is flagged as SPAM - and we verified all spam settings!

We need a fix for this ASAP! - because I have clients that rely on this generated email - and everyone should have to go into OUTLOOK or Other Client and setup another rule!

Get it fixed!

M!

USA Rocks the World!
  •  
bperkins

alaskacpu wrote on Thu, 28 April 2005 10:25

Hi,

This is rediculous!

Create a rule - and the rule is ignored! There is no reason a mail from the local domain is considered spam! This is totally dumb!

We have a administrator<_at_>ourdomain.com go out every morning and this email has been considered spam since day 1 of installing Kerio 6.0.9 - and no matter what rule I create - it's still considered SPAM!

So - now we know that Rules don't work - so there's a bug here!
2nd - it's also a bug that mail from the current domain is flagged as SPAM - and we verified all spam settings!

We need a fix for this ASAP! - because I have clients that rely on this generated email - and everyone should have to go into OUTLOOK or Other Client and setup another rule!

Get it fixed!

M!

The Rules work for me.

If you don't want local mail even checked for spam, then there is a setting in the admin console for this. Under Configuration->Spam Filter there is a checkbox for "Enable scanning of messages sent from trusted........" - uncheck this.

Hope this helps,
BP
  •  
alaskacpu

bperkins,

You don't think we would be that dumb! How many times have I stated that we check - rechecked all settings.

The rules don't work - plan and simple! SPAM is over-riding our rules!

Later
Mike

USA Rocks the World!
  •  
desquinn

alaskacpu wrote on Fri, 29 April 2005 13:31

bperkins,

You don't think we would be that dumb! How many times have I stated that we check - rechecked all settings.

The rules don't work - plan and simple! SPAM is over-riding our rules!

Later
Mike

your losing it here for no good reason that I can see. You have stated that you verified the settings twice now but it depends on what they are set at rather than veryifying them.

why dont you list what you have configured in the spam section?
where is the mail coming from....? is the account internal to the KMS?
is it on the same domain as the users it is sending to?
what do the headers say on the message?

e.g.
X-Spam-Status: Yes, hits=10.0 required=5.0
	tests=BAYES_99: 5.4,DATE_IN_FUTURE_06_12: 1.559,DATE_SPAMWARE_Y2K: 4.3,
	HTML_40_50: 0.898,HTML_IMAGE_ONLY_06: 0.527,HTML_IMAGE_RATIO_08: 0.413,
	HTML_MESSAGE: 0.1,HTML_TITLE_UNTITLED: 0.36,MIME_HTML_ONLY: 0.248,
	MIME_HTML_ONLY_MULTI: 1.101,MISSING_MIMEOLE: 0.5,MISSING_OUTLOOK_NAME: 0.1
X-Spam-Flag: YES
X-Spam-Level: **********

more info and less bluster will help your cause.....

Des Quinn
  •  
alaskacpu

desquinn

I'm not losin' sleep or anything!

Here's my settings:

Spam Filter - Spam Rating Tab -
Checked - Enable SpamEliminator Rating
Unchecked - Enable scanning of messages....etc

Rule No 1:
Description: Morning Newsletter
If Message -
Header: From
Type: contains domain
Content: mydomain.com

Then
Selected: Treat the message a non-spam [override....] etc...

Now - when our automated morning message is generated from Administrator<_at_>mydomain.com - is should be NOT Treated as SPAM!

This rule doesn't work! Mail is treated as spam regardless.
This is a bug! IMHO

Regards
Mike

USA Rocks the World!
  •  
desquinn

and my other questions????

Des Quinn
  •  
desquinn

and some more info on this seems to suggest that the rules engine to do with spam is indeed broken in 6.09.

External domain to KMS is trying to send email to account on KMS. e.g. admin<_at_>external.co.uk sends to user<_at_>internal.domain.co.uk

Rules set up as follows:
increase score by 5

decrease score by 15

Sender: Address: admin<_at_>external.co.uk 
decrease score by 15

An email that should hit all three of these rules shows no modification in the email header or any action being performed in the logfiles. The config action is shown as being appied in the config log file.

The spam releater headers are shown below
X-Spam-Status: No, hits=0.0 required=5.0
	tests=BAYES_00: -4.901
X-Spam-Level: 

My system is a RH9 based KMS 6.09 install with no AV

Des Quinn
  •  
peterj

Custom allow rules work fine for us!

(One of the only features that always has!!!)

I realise that the rules work sequentially but I have always thought that when matched the processing stops. Therefore only the first matching rule (higher up) is applied.

Is this not the case.?

Perhaps some input from a KMS Dev???
Who knows - pigs might fly!!

:-)
  •  
desquinn

there could be something wrong in my attempt to diaganose this with those rules. It is my first attempt at using these rules but they were very simple ones and one of the 3 shoul dhave addected the score in some way or indeed have made a mention on the mail/spam log.

to be honest this issue does not affect me as I dont have a need for these rules. But it would be interesting to see if it is indeed broken or just me not knowing what I am doing :)

Do your rules have an impace on the spam section of the mail headers? or in the log files when they have a message passing through?

Des Quinn
  •  
alaskacpu

Thanks For Input Guys -

I realize that most of you are trying to help! So, Please - don't read into my words ( as above ). Where one might thing - I'm pulling my hair out - another may thing something entirely!

Here's what we got working in the rules: Add a rule - Subject - Contains - [MyDomain-Newsletter]. This rule works - and the newsletter is now being delivered without being flagged as SPAM.

However, I still argue the fact that the local domain - is flagged as SPAM at all! Mail comming from your own company (localhost) - should never be flagged as SPAM --- Unless you are running a mailserver for other reasons - in which case - I don't blame you for not needing this feature!

Regards
Mike

USA Rocks the World!
Previous Topic: [newbie to kerio] 553 sorry, relaying denied from your location
Next Topic: kms 6.0.9 webmail first login always fails, second works
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 25 01:01:12 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00553 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.