Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Internet dies upon KWF installation
  •  
Sigma

Send a private message to this user
I downloaded the latest version 6.0.11 KWF, read the installation instruction, followed direction to the letter and installed. Previous to installation, I made sure LAN NIC was set properly, ICS was off on the "internet" card, all firewalls and antivirus were uninstalled...etc.

Upon installation, I noticed that my internet was dead. Even after setting up KWF, by following the installtion/setup directions, I cannot get internet on either the host or client machines.

I spent 4+ hours, doing every possible combination of setup, I downloaded all the manuals, read them... without any success. I have even searched these forums and "googled" for something to help, to no avail.

What am I doing wrong? Confused

Setup:
- Windows XP Pro with SP2 (on host and clients)
- 1 Gig Ram, 2.4GHz
- no firewall or antivirus installed
- ICS is off

Sigma
  •  
sproket90

need more information, like type of internet connection?
are you fixed/dynamic ip address?
what does your traffice policy look like?

first thing to check is if you are getting an internet ip address from your isp...
  •  
Sigma

Internal NIC is a normal wired one, while the "internet" NIC is a wireless card that communicates with a router, thus I have it set up to use a static IP address.

WEP encryption and stuff are setup correctly as I am able to connect to the internet successfully when KWF is not installed, and also am able to use ICS. BUT, I do have ICS disabled before installing KWF.

Just so you know, I had KWF installed about 2 years ago, in this same setup, and it worked fine.

Thanks for attempting to help me in advance. Very Happy

Sigma

[Updated on: Thu, 28 April 2005 18:39]

•  
sproket90

do you have any rules in your traffic policy?

like internal network to external network?
and http,dns services?

make sure translation is set to outgoing(external interface)

Smile
  •  
Sigma

Thanks for response again sproket90.

Traffic rules were checked and even the default setting was correct. I even created a rule to let "anything to connect to anywhere by any port" type of rule, allowed it... and still, no go.

Sig
  •  
Sigma

Very curious results...

I expermineted as follows: I uninstalled KWF, disabled the Internal NIC, then re-installed KWF. With only 1 card there (the "Internet" one), KWF worked just fine, even without having to mess around the rules.

I then re-enabled the internal NIC, restarted PC, bam! internet was dead again.

I checked and rechecked rules, all seems fine there.

For some odd reason, I am wondering if KWF is trying to access the internet via the "Internal" NIC (ie. backwards). Now keep in mind that I was used the rules WIZARD to specify that KWF should use the "Internet" NIC to go online, but that does not seem to be working.

What do you think?

Sigma
  •  
Sigma

RESOLVED (I think) Smile

Well, I decided to remove windows "wireless zero config" (in services) and decided to use the lnksys utility to setup connection, and that did it! Very odd, but it works, so I am not complaining. I do not like Linksys' utility, but for now, it will have to do.

Sigma

[Updated on: Fri, 29 April 2005 19:55]

Previous Topic: Error with Visnetic Antivirus Plugin after 1 day
Next Topic: KWF 6.0.11 and Norton Antivirus
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 18:31:07 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00761 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.