Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » KWF 6.0.11 and Norton Antivirus
  •  
tljsk

Send a private message to this user
Hi friends,

I am running KWF 6.0.11 on Win2k prof machine along with our own mail server. I have installed Norton Antivirus 2003 on that machine.

When I try to set the content filtering>antivirus to "use external antivirus" and select "symantec antivirus scan engine v4.0" I got error messages

[29/Apr/2005 16:02:13] (8304) Antivirus plug-in error: Unable to initialize: avir_symantec (Attempt to connect to a Symantec AntiVirus Scan Engine failed.).
[29/Apr/2005 16:08:03] (8304:183) Antivirus plug-in error: Unable to initialize: avir_symantec (Invalid port specified in Address parameter.).

If I enable the email scanning of NAV no mail transaction is happening. If I disable the setting then I am able to send and receive mails, but along with Virus.

Can any one help me how to set the Norton antivirus to work along with KWF?

Regards.
TLJSK

[Updated on: Fri, 29 April 2005 12:49]

•  
Babe

Send a private message to this user
It is a bug in KWF6011 !
Sad

Not only NAV2003, also 2004,2005,AVG......
All other 3rd party AV email scan has to be disabled !
Otherwise you can't get any email through pop3.....
even KWF build-in AV is OFF.

KWF seems too buggy since 6.0..... Confused
Previous Topic: Internet dies upon KWF installation
Next Topic: Antivirus related question
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 22:37:45 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00416 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.