Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » [newbie to kerio] 553 sorry, relaying denied from your location
  •  
Mathiau

Send a private message to this user
Hello everyone.

How are things, i am new here and new to the world of mail servers and absorbing info as best i can.

to get to the problem

i have registerd a domain
i have the MX records pointing to the ip of the test mail server being run locally
All ports are in the firewalls

Now, i can send out email to any domain fine buttttt

1. i can not send email to the domain / server - i get this error

553 sorry, relaying denied from your location

But i have, for now, set the SMTP to open relay on Kerio - just for testing right now (turn it off when not using it)

What is it i am missing?

Tanks for you help and i am sure i will have plenty more questions shortly :D
  •  
RPC_Admin

I am also new, but seems to me maybe your ISP blocks all traffic on port 25. Port 25 is the standard port for SMTP traffic. Many ISPs are blocking all port 25 traffic to slow down spammers.

Solutions would be to:

1.) relay through your ISP, or relay across a different port.
  •  
Mathiau

I hope that is not the case, we dont pay $800 a month for a T1 for them to block us..lol :D

The thing is i can send emails to my own address - it goes out to the mail server address then back in fine - should it not block this as well if that was the case.
  •  
RPC_Admin

Sorry you're right I was thinking smaller, like my company. On a DSL line that would eb the case, but I haven't heard of that on a t1. PLease disregard my first statement
  •  
Mathiau

it is completly possible! so i do thank you for the post - the ISP's down here are the type that want to make VOIP illegal so it would not suprise me if they would do something like that.
Previous Topic: shopping for messaging
Next Topic: White List Email Address Or Domain
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 09:38:34 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00379 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.