Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio 6.0.9 / Linux crashes when I open my IMAP Inbox
  •  
pmcnett

Send a private message to this user
I'm pretty much done migrating from Eudora Worldmail to Kerio, and part of the process had about 35,000 messages in my Inbox, but I since built and ran my imapfilter script which moved about 28,000 of those messages into the appropriate folders.

I manually moved another 5,000 messages last night and noticed that if I tried to move more than a few hundred at a time from Thunderbird, that the Kerio server would die (not just IMAP, but the whole server). I'd have to do a '/etc/init.d/keriomailserver start', and then try my move again with fewer messages.

This morning, I'm down to about 2600 messages in my Inbox, but now merely clicking on the Inbox in Thunderbird is sufficient to crash the Kerio server.

Apparently, Thunderbird has an incorrect accounting of the headers, because when I go to webmail, I see 5799 messages still in my inbox. When I remove my IMAP account from Thunderbird and add it again, I see the 5799 messages again.

So... perhaps this is a Thunderbird problem, but why is Kerio crashing?
  •  
bperkins

6.0.9 on Linux was not that good in my opinion. I would downgrade to 6.0.8.
  •  
nickrooster

Are you expunging the inbox after each move? You might wish to try that as not doing so will leave "traces" of your emails in your inbox and not fully "remove" them from the mailserver.

In Thunderbird, just right-click on your INBOX and click "Compact this folder" that will take care of it. Or you could log into Kerio Webmail and right-click on INBOX and click "Expunge folder". Same deal.
IMAP is a strange beast.
-Nick
  •  
pmcnett

Hi Nick,

Yes I have been expunging. But the point is, moving large amounts of messages from one folder to another has the side-effect of killing Kerio midstream.
  •  
pwhodges

I would delete the index.fld file for that folder to force Kerio to reindex it.

Paul
Previous Topic: Backup Error
Next Topic: How satisfied are you with KMS?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 16:09:57 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00398 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.