Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Caller ID x Sender ID
  •  
stranikm

Send a private message to this user
Can somebody explain to me, what is difference between Caller ID and Sender ID?

How many do you have Caller ID record in DNS?

Thanks.
  •  
dbott

I was doing some research a few months ago and was looking on the MS site for the 'Caller ID' spec. I noticed that they had changed the name to 'Sender ID' and they did have a reference to the fact that they had changed the name.

I did a quick search yesterday, but could not find the original reference. A search for 'caller id' returns the 'sender id' page, as does the original site, http://www.microsoft.com/callerid .

It appears to be the same technology, although there may be some modifications/enhancements to the original spec from some of the contributing partners (just guessing here --- don't know for sure).

As for implementing SIDF, unfortunately my DNS server does not support it. We'll be doing an upgrade in the coming months and I will be implementing it at that time.

I hope that helps.

-Dave

[Updated on: Tue, 10 May 2005 16:08]

•  
pwhodges

Caller ID was the MS system similar to SPF. Sender ID is the merged specification using SPF combined with some MS ideas, but is embroiled in the fact that it includes some MS patents.

Here is the description on the SPF site.

All my domains have SPF records.

Paul
Previous Topic: CPU 100%
Next Topic: Kerio, Redhat, and Active Directory
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 15:11:48 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00424 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.