Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Running IIS 5 and KMS Webmail
  •  
sophos9

Send a private message to this user
Hi

I need to run iis 5 on port 80 and also need to run webmail.... yes on port 80

Is there anyway of doing so?

thanks in advance
  •  
keneisman

Simple answer... no!

You either have to run them on different ports or different IP addresses. Otherwise, the software has no way of knowing which one you're trying to contact. If you make a call to port 80 and both applications are listening, whichever is quickest to respond will.

I would recommmend putting webmail on a different port... say 8080. Then let your users know to use the address: my.url:8080 (i.e. your web addresse followed by a colon (:) and the port number) or you could put a link to that address on your webpage and no one would be the wiser.

HTH
Ken
  •  
sophos9

Thanks for that.

Do you know of a way to invisibly redirect a user without there knowledge?

Cheers
  •  
keneisman

Yes, but it would ALWAYS redirect them. If they wanted the website instead of mail, they would still be redirected to mail. The server has no way of knowing if you want the website or the mail unless you try to hit different locations. The user's browser HAS to use some form of unique string so that your server knows where to direct the request. Either a different port number, different IP address (i.e. 2 NICS or 2 machines), or a subdirectory (i.e. www.myurl.com for the site and www.myurl.com/webmail for webmail). Your server is not psychic. The client HAS to tell it what information it wants.

HTH
Ken

PS
You could put a link to automatically run in your code that would open up a second webpage so that whenever anyone hits your website, they would get BOTH the website and webmail.

[Updated on: Mon, 09 May 2005 16:52]

•  
pwhodges

You can use virtual servers in IIS to serve the web site and redirect to mail on the same machine, as I do. The DNS alias mail.mydomain calls up a different website from www.mydomain, and that website (only) redirects to mydomain:8025 for Kerio. Also https (port 443) goes straight to my Kerio server, as I don't use it in my web server.

Paul

[Updated on: Mon, 09 May 2005 17:58]

Previous Topic: SMTP DATA converted to CRLF
Next Topic: Moving Kerio from one install to another
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 19:11:47 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00507 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.