Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Two questions regarding the built-in VPN
  •  
KaLLiSTei

Send a private message to this user
Hi all,

I have two questions regarding the built-in VPN (KWF 6.0.11, Kerio VPN client 1.0.7):

1) In addition to the IP adddress assigned to the VPN client from the pool configured in the VPN server, the VPN client gets configured with a second IP address in the range 169.254.67/24, which resembles that of Microsoft's APIPA. Where it's coming from?.

2) Is there any way to logon on a Windows NT or Windows AD domain sited in the remote network, using the VPN client?.
(host operating system being Win2K or WinXP Pro)

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
-G.

•  
feite

ad 1)
From the VPN adapter installed on your computer. You can open the properties and assign it another address. Make sure its address is not in the range you specified at the VPN server.

ad 2)
The VPN gives you only a network connection (tcp/ip connection). It does not automatically logon. If I remember it correctly there is another posting where someone suggested to make the VPN connection persistent (always on) and run the vpn client as a service. It will connect to your office lan. When you want to logon as a user verification can be done via the VPN tunnel created by the service. If you want to be sure search for that threat...
  •  
KaLLiSTei

Thanks for your response, feite.

Regarding the ad 1)
In the "Interfaces" section of the KWF administration console I can see the VPN Server, but can't find the VPN adapter. Can you please tell me how to open their properties?

Again, thanks a lot.

Best regards,
-G.

•  
feite

Open the network connections. There is an adapter called 'Kerio VPN'. Select the properties and change the ip address of the TCP/IP protocol to a fixed address. You can assign one and the same fixed ip address to all Kerio VPN adapters on all client (and on the KWF server).
Previous Topic: Connection monitoring problem
Next Topic: Need help in traffic policy
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 02:26:39 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00519 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.