Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio MailServer 6.0.10
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Send a private message to this user
Version 6.0.10 - May 12, 2005

- fixed crash when downloading certain e-mail in IMAP or Outlook with KOC
- Linux: fixed possible crash when parsing e-mail with multiple embedded .eml attachments
- fixed blank window in MS IE after login to the WebMail (MS IE is incorrectly caching compressed pages)
- fixed error '503 Too many connections' in WebMail
- Windows: fixed WMI Performance Monitor module
- fixed authentication to HTTP proxy server
- fixed high CPU load while viewing certain recurrent calendar events
- Linux: fixed possible crash on multi-processor machine with wrong glibc library
- fixed occasional long delay in synchronization of certain e-mail folders in Entourage 2004
- fixed creation of incremental backup files. A full backup of message store after upgrade is highly suggested.

Note: KOC 6.0.0-6.0.7 is automatically updated to KOC 6.0.8, KOC 6.0.9 will be automatically upgraded to 6.0.10. Upgrade step 6.0.8 -> 6.0.9 (6.0.10) must be done by hand.
KMS 6.0.10 requires KOC 6.0.8 and higher.

Download link: http://www.kerio.com/kms_download.html

[Updated on: Mon, 18 July 2005 09:38] by Moderator

•  
pwhodges

PavelDobry wrote on Thu, 12 May 2005 16:26

- fixed occasional long delay in synchronization of certain e-mail folders in Entourage 2004

Hooray! - I think this was affecting Mulberry as well (I didn't report it to Kerio as I was using a beta of Mulberry, and thought the problem was there).

Paul
  •  
RPC_Admin

FYI, your above link brings you to the download page which says it's 6.0.9, but when you click on the download it is in fact 6.0.10.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

B74ubba wrote on Thu, 12 May 2005 19:11

FYI, your above link brings you to the download page which says it's 6.0.9, but when you click on the download it is in fact 6.0.10.

The link is correct. Refresh the page in your browser or erase cache.
  •  
RPC_Admin

yup sorry about that.
  •  
Mayk

is the infamous calender bug fixed in this version ? :) Then i'llbe setting up a test enviroment this weekend :D
  •  
dbott

According to one of the support techs at Kerio:

The issue with calendar events appearing on the calendar the day before the actual event is a known bug, 4569. This bug will be fixed in build 6.1.0. This build will be available in July/August of this year.

-Dave
  •  
Kire

Aaaarghhhh!!! Since this is the first time I'm seeing an August mentioned for 6.1 it will probably even be more delayed........

That's it, Exit for KMS overhere!
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Kire wrote on Fri, 13 May 2005 15:22

Aaaarghhhh!!! Since this is the first time I'm seeing an August mentioned for 6.1 it will probably even be more delayed........

August is not an official date. 6.1 will be released sooner.
  •  
Kire

PavelDobry wrote on Fri, 13 May 2005 15:36

Kire wrote on Fri, 13 May 2005 15:22

August is not an official date. 6.1 will be released sooner.

It's not that I don't trust you. But we've been having problems with KMS ever since we installed in August 2004. Support from Kerio NL is just very bad. Since our subscription for updates ends in August and I'm not too confident that the first 6.1 release will be stable enough I'm (afraid I'm) gonna have to switch to something else.

I've been arguing enough with Kerio NL and my dealer overhere about at least having the right for a stable KMS version before I'm gonna pay for updates.

It's sad because I'm still convinced about the potential of KMS but I can't risk any more within my company.

Regards and all the best

[Updated on: Fri, 13 May 2005 16:02]

•  
peterj

I feel the same.

We upgraded in July last year & were promised 6.1 would be out before the end of the year.

This is absolutely crazy.

Then we heard that it would be out in Q1 & sure enough in March there were whispers in Kerio that it would be out very soon.

Then the next thing we hear is that it will be Q2

At the beginning of April I spoke to a tech who said that stating Q2 was just playing safe & that 6.1 would be out in a few weeks.

Soon after that we hear that it will be in July (No doubt that it would only be the 31st at the earliest.) Now two months in advance we hear it is likely to be later still.

GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER PLEASE - I have no doubt about the potential of KMS but you are taking users from MS Exchange with the promise of a better system & THERE IS NO DELIVERY..!!!

Frankly I can't blame people for scrapping KMS given that many have been waiting almost a year for features (like offline caching) that should NEVER HAVE BEEN OMITTED IN THE FIRST PLACE...!!!!

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

Hi Peter,

I understand your fustration. All of us here at Kerio would like to have version 6.1 shipping. However, we aren't comfortable releasing a product until it has been thoroughly tested. We are committed to making KMS 6.1 as bug-free as possible.

Our expected release date has changed a few times, because of our "no bugs" policy.

Please look for the first public beta of KMS 6.1 soon! (I expect by the end of the week).

Cheers,
Joshua Thomas

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

•  
sophos9

Joshua, can you explain the 'no bugs' policy?

Again, as Peter said, I think this product could be great but is let down by bad support and too many bugs.
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

Hi Sophos (Dave?),

I'm not a member of development, but the policy is pretty simple. We try as hard as possible to release a bug-free product.

It's unknown bugs that can catch us unawares - bugs that don't show up during testing and beta. This is why the forums here are important. You often find bugs that we've missed.

Cheers,
Joshua Thomas

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

peterj

The trouble is that one would assume that you have had this bug free policy for some time now and yet some of the 6.0.x releases have been absolutely riddled with bugs.

There was a release not too long ago (I think it was 6.0.3) which caused all outlook 2000 users to crash during use.
How you can cliam to have thoroughly tested this is a mystery.

Given these problems I have no faith in your testing & so I'm not really sure what you can be doing to cause 6.1 to take so long.

To be honest the biggest problem(s) I have are:

1) 6.0.0 should never have been released in the state it was - KMS is not freeware, we demand a stable product for our money.
My other serious gripe is the lack of offline capability for KOC and frankly this seems it should have been integral from the start to me.

2) The way we have been lied to regarding the release date. If I had been told last July that 6.1 was over a year away I would have thrown Kerio in the bin and installed exchange & moved on. Now obviously this result is not good for Kerio but that doesn't justify lying & making unrealistic promises so that us poor mugs continue to purchase the subscription for wobbly product.

As far as I am concerned (apart from offline caching) I am not interested in any of the promised new features as these going in tends to produce new bugs. I think Kerio should STOP adding features and work solely on producing a couple of decent builds that improve performance (KOC speed is lousy) and STABILITY!!

Previous Topic: kerio mailserver 6.1
Next Topic: Home made solution x KMS cluster
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 19:50:33 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00725 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.