Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KOC 6.0.10 & multiple email accounts problem
  •  
germanr

Send a private message to this user
I have the same problem as with KOC 6.0.9. If I have several email accounts, the sender always is the default account no matter which you specifiy as the sender.

Have been using koc 6.0.8 because of that reason (on 6.0.8 that works ok).

It. Was not fixed in 6.0.10

German Ruiz
Home & Office
Kerio Prefered Partner
Uruguay
  •  
RPC_Admin

I spoke to Tech Support about that problem last week. He said that is by design. He seemed to indicate it wasn't something they planned to change, even after I explained that is one of the major reasons people use Outlook.
  •  
germanr

That is a shame. I think that quite a lot of us use more than one email account.

German Ruiz
Home & Office
Kerio Prefered Partner
Uruguay
  •  
J-ITS

One solution to this, is creating several imap accounts in outlook (one for each address). You'll have to ignore the IMAP folders, but at least you'll be able to send from any of your accounts. Use standard SMTP to send certain messages.... easy...
  •  
germanr

Yes, but there are drawbacks when you use an IMAP account. For example, Outlook doesn't store sent messages in KMS, it rather stores in the local PST.

I don't know why they changed this feature. In versions up to 6.0.8 it worked. In versions 6.0.9 and 6.0.10 it doesn't.

German Ruiz
Home & Office
Kerio Prefered Partner
Uruguay
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

Hi germanr,

I'm not sure I understand how this should work. I don't use multiple addresses in Outlook so perhaps you can clarify for me.

Cheers,
Joshua Thomas

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

•  
germanr

Joshua,

I will try to be as clear as possible.

What I have is the following: Email account myself<_at_>company.com and and account sales<_at_>company.com (that is an alias & directs all its mails to my account). That way all the sales emails go to my account. I want to be able to reply some emails as sales<_at_>company.com and not using my personal email account.

What I did in Outlook is to use the default KOC email account with my personal address & created a POP3/SMTP account for sales<_at_>company.com (that is only used to send emails, but never receives)

That way in Outlook when I send an email I have the option of sending as any of the accounts.

With KOC 6.0.8 backwards, this was possible. In Webmail also. But on KOC 6.0.9 onwards, all the outgoing emails are sent by the default account (even though I send it as the other one).

I hope that this clarifies my needs.
Best regards
German Ruiz

German Ruiz
Home & Office
Kerio Prefered Partner
Uruguay
  •  
germanr

"J-ITS
One solution to this, is creating several imap accounts in outlook (one for each address). You'll have to ignore the IMAP folders, but at least you'll be able to send from any of your accounts. Use standard SMTP to send certain messages.... easy..."

The imap solution has the same problem. The sender is always the same.

German Ruiz
Home & Office
Kerio Prefered Partner
Uruguay
  •  
ilkrusty

we just bought the product and it is a BIG dissapointment that multiple accounts are not supported. i hope this issue will be fixed in the future!
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

I believe there has been some conflicting information on the ability to use multiple accounts, and I have had bad information. I am sorry for this confusion.

According to our developers, mutliple accounts are supported. Furthermore, versions 6.0.0 to 6.0.8 have a bug where the default account is always chosen as the "sender" account. Version 6.0.9 fixes this.

It's possible this may have broken again in 6.1.0, and I will need to test to see that this is true.

The correct way to setup multiple accounts is:

* Setup KOC account. Make sure "Default Delivery Location" is Outlook Connector Store.
* Setup other IMAP/POP3 accounts, with new .PST files.

I'm going to go test this right now...

Cheers,
Joshua

Joshua Thomas
Santa Clara, CA 95054

•  
Kerio_jthomas

I'm able to confirm that this isn't working correctly in 6.1.0, here for me. I've reopened the bug we had previously closed when this was fixed in 6.0.9. I'm guessing some change in the MAPI provider broke this for 6.1.0.

I'll update when situation changes.

Cheers,
Joshua Thomas

Joshua Thomas
Santa Clara, CA 95054

•  
peterj

Bug ref plz Joshua...?
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

If the developers confirm it's the same bug I'll add the number. They may say it's a similar but different bug in which case I'll re-file under a different bug number.

-Joshua

Joshua Thomas
Santa Clara, CA 95054

•  
jls001

I also have the same problem and looking for walkaround. Is the multiple account problem resolved in 6.1.1?

Currently, am still on ver 6.0.8, multiple account works in this version. Any suggestions!

Thanks in advance,
Previous Topic: Hosting on different IP's
Next Topic: Integrated Backup Incomplete ?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 05:42:43 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00580 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.