Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Open Directory on 10.3.9 and 10.4
  •  
Lyle M

Send a private message to this user
Has anyone linked Kerio Mail Server to Open Directory running on Mac OS X Server 10.3.9 or 10.4? Apple made some schema changes in these versions vs. 10.3.8 and prior.

I'm still using 10.3.8, but we're looking at moving to a mix of 10.3.9 and 10.4 on our servers.

Thanks!
-Lyle M.
  •  
Soup

We're running 10.3.9 on all three of our Xserves including the one running Kerio Mailserver. No problems noticed.

I run local users within Kerio but grab passwords from the OD. I don't like having too many things relying on a single directory which is part of the reason why I moved away from Windows / AD.

Please read the following though...

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=301384

regards

Paul.

[Updated on: Fri, 13 May 2005 11:51]

3 x Apple Xserve G5 DP2.3
1 x Apple Xserve RAID
40ish users
  •  
Lyle M

Thanks for the info Paul!

-Lyle
  •  
markflo

Soup wrote on Fri, 13 May 2005 04:37

I run local users within Kerio but grab passwords from the OD.

Would you mind sharing how you did that? That's the setup I'd like to put into place after upgrading to 10.4 Server.
  •  
Soup

markflo wrote on Fri, 13 May 2005 23:30

Soup wrote on Fri, 13 May 2005 04:37

I run local users within Kerio but grab passwords from the OD.

Would you mind sharing how you did that? That's the setup I'd like to put into place after upgrading to 10.4 Server.

Very simple, just create users directly within Kerio admin and give them the same username as in OD (or match an alias). Then on the page where you set the password type you select Open Directory from the dropdown.

I then change the LDAP server in kerio to port 3892 and point all the mail clients to that for an LDAP address book / directory.

There may be better ways of doing it, but the was the first way I found that worked and stuck with it :)

Paul.

3 x Apple Xserve G5 DP2.3
1 x Apple Xserve RAID
40ish users
Previous Topic: WMI on 6.0.10 & Win32 -- Windows Admins, please read and help --
Next Topic: Cannot Upgrade Kerio
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 12:22:00 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00417 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.