Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » WMI on 6.0.10 & Win32 -- Windows Admins, please read and help --
  •  
jshaw541

Send a private message to this user
Hi folks,

I have been working with Kerio on a WMI issue with the 6.x series of KMS for several months now. The problem was supposed to have been fixed in 6.0.10 but it still appears to be broke. I'm wondering if it's just our server.

If you're running KMS 6.0.10 on a Windows-based server, could you download following script and run it on your mail server and report back if you are getting non-zero values for each counter?

http://people.sps.lane.edu/jshaw/testscript.vbs

Download the file to a directory. Launch cmd.exe and cd to that directory. Type 'cscript //nologo testscript.vbs'. It will kick out a bunch of performance counters. It doesn't write anything to your machine or change anything.

You will want to make sure your server's been up for at least an hour or so, so that it has actually generated some stats. Statistics are reset to zero each time KMS is restarted.

I would appreciate any help testing this, with as much verboseness as you care to give. This functionality is important to a lot of people because it will allow us KMS admins to graph all the KMS statistics with MRTG and other net monitoring tools.

PS: Kerio Support has been excellent on this matter (Thanks Jeff).

Thanks in advance!

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
  •  
peterj

Most counters report 0

No values were returned for the following:

caption,description,freq-object,freq-perftime,freq-sys100,na me & all timestamp values.

Everything other than the above return 0 as the result.

Hope this helps.

•  
jshaw541

Excellent, peter, thank you. Are you on Win 2000 or 2003?

Anyone else?

Windows Server 2003 SP 1
~1300 users
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
  •  
peterj

No Prob.

We have 2000 Server.

Just out of interest (I know nothing about WMI) do these results indicate the problems are fixed or not..?
  •  
jshaw541

peterj wrote on Fri, 13 May 2005 11:57

No Prob.

We have 2000 Server.

Just out of interest (I know nothing about WMI) do these results indicate the problems are fixed or not..?

Again, assuming your stats in the KMS Admin Console aren't also zero, yes, things appear to be still broken. Hopefully some other folks will pipe up.

If I get enough replies, I'll probably forward the URL to this thread to Jeff <_at_> Kerio. They've been very eager to fix this.

Windows Server 2003 SP 1
~1300 users
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
  •  
peterj

Ah I see.

Well the stats definitely aren't zero'ed.

The server has been running without stopping for weeks.

PS.

I have also suggested that the stats don't get cleared on service restart & that there is an option to clear them in the admin console instead.

Don't know if this is on the cards
Previous Topic: Apple Open Direcrory
Next Topic: Open Directory on 10.3.9 and 10.4
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 09:53:36 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00481 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.