Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » OS X 10.4 Server
  •  
jonbrain

Send a private message to this user
Just wondering if anyone has tried Kerio with Tiger server (10.4) yet?

Is Kerio compatible with the new version of Open Directory?

Thanks

Jono.

[Updated on: Thu, 06 April 2006 17:51] by Moderator

•  
Kerio_jthomas

Hi,

EDIT:

OS X.4 "Tiger" is supported on KMS 6.1.0.

It is NOT SUPPORTED on the 6.0.x series.

Cheers,
Joshua Thomas

[Updated on: Mon, 18 July 2005 09:39]

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

•  
My IT Indy

I upgraded to Tiger last night and my KMS 6.1b5 keeps chugging along. This is a small office install with only 2 users but it works okay so far.

I don't use the OD implementation at all.

[Updated on: Thu, 19 May 2005 13:30]

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
jonbrain

I would imagine the problem will be is if you want to use the OD integration. It is a completely new version in Tiger.
  •  
cpipes

Has any determination been made about Tiger from the testing? I am migrating from another system to Kerio Mail Server and would like to start out using Tiger on my server with it.

Thanks

Charlie
  •  
Anonymous
Although only a few things may not work or the problems may only affect a few users, there may be some unknown problems that you may run into may be critical. You should hold off until there is an official Tiger supported version of the Kerio MailServer.

•  
dwhitfield

Still no support for "Tiger"? I'm a big fan of KMS, and rarely complain, but it does seem a little misleading to have a "Tiger Unleashed" link to Apple's website right there on the KMS product page on Kerio's website, if it's still not a supported platform after all this time...
  •  
desquinn

it will be those pesky Marketing types at it again............

:(

Des Quinn
  •  
Psycho Dad

After Install on an 10.4.1 Server with OD - Kerio 6.1 RC1 just works fine - but after a reboot from the Tiger i can't start KMS.

So, i hope it will be fixed in GM or Final Version.
  •  
Psycho Dad

Updatet to Security Update 2005-006 - works fine now!!!!!!
  •  
dwhitfield

That's good news. So maybe it's going to be supported in 6.1, just not in 6.0.x.
  •  
teddytis

dwhitfield wrote on Mon, 11 July 2005 09:31

That's good news. So maybe it's going to be supported in 6.1, just not in 6.0.x.

That's what I actually figured it would be. It wouldn't be supported in the 6.0 series but once it gets to 6.1 it will be supported. btw, I've been testing it and it's been fine, aside from trying open directory, which is a known issue since open directory changed a lot in 10.4
  •  
bigred78

I just upgraded from KMS 5 to 6.1. I installed it on an Apple G4 server running Tiger 10.4 server connecting to Open Directory. Since that time the webmail login appears but after any initial login and reading of mail, either in Safari or using Apple Mail, messages cannot be retrieved. I have to restart the server.

The same server is running a school webpage (but is on a second hard drive of the server) which remains available even though Kerio cannot be logged into. On subsequent logins the login stalls and times out so it is one and done, then a restart.

Before the restart, if I try and open the admin program, the icon just bounces in the dock and it is at that point that I restart the server. It is not just the Kerio admin console, but also any other app I am trying to open on the server.

Anyone have same problem or know a solution?

Thanks
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

bigred78 wrote on Sun, 24 July 2005 07:22

I just upgraded from KMS 5 to 6.1. I installed it on an Apple G4 server running Tiger 10.4 server connecting to Open Directory. Since that time the webmail login appears but after any initial login and reading of mail, either in Safari or using Apple Mail, messages cannot be retrieved. I have to restart the server.

The same server is running a school webpage (but is on a second hard drive of the server) which remains available even though Kerio cannot be logged into. On subsequent logins the login stalls and times out so it is one and done, then a restart.

Before the restart, if I try and open the admin program, the icon just bounces in the dock and it is at that point that I restart the server. It is not just the Kerio admin console, but also any other app I am trying to open on the server.

Anyone have same problem or know a solution?

Thanks

You can't run KMS Webmail and a webserver on the same server. Unless you change the port for the webserver, or the webmail.

To change the webmail port, open the admin console, go to Configuration -> Services. Find the HTTP service and click 'Edit'. Change the setting from 'All IP Addresses', port 80 to say port 81.

Now your users can access webmail but they must use this URL:

http://mail.yourserver.com:81 <-- note the 81

If you want secure webmail you must edit the HTTPS port, change the port number also.

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

davemac

Kerio 6.1 does not seem to handle OD integration, in fact - echoing the issue that someone else previously mentioned, I have gone through a horrible expirience as it relates to X.4 and Kerio and have discovered that the communication between the Kerio OD connector and OD has the potential to take down the OD server, I have rebuilt a server from this happening and discovered that it was the kerio connector doing this - we have since had to migrate the users/passes locally to kerio in order for all to work. I have since sent several logs to kerio as well as apple in order to figure out why this is occurring.

[Updated on: Mon, 01 August 2005 06:29]

Previous Topic: Buy Kerio MailServer (some questions)
Next Topic: [Shares]Why the Mcafee Antivirus Engine Fail?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 06:57:05 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00574 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.