Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » E-Mail Template Files
  •  
BobH

Send a private message to this user
Is there any way to save e-mail messages as template files so they can be recalled and sent repeatedly? We have some users in our Sales department that need to be able to send out e-mails in response to typical questions.

Kerio Mail: v6.0.10

Thanks.
  •  
dbott

There are a few ways to accomplish this (none of which are really a feature of any one particular mail program) but I'll assume you're using Webmail. These techniques could be modified slightly to work with Outlook or Outlook Express (or any other mail client):

OPTION 1:

1. Create a public shared folder called TEMPLATES (or whatever) with READ ONLY access for the people in the sales group (if you give them more than READ access, every time they send the template it will delete the original).

2. Create a copy of each template and place it in the TEMPLATES folder.

3. When the Sales staff need to send the message, right-click the appropriate template, select EDIT AS NEW, add the recipient's address and add any personal notes. Hit send.

4. They'll get an error message stating that they can't delete the message, but that's okay --- it's what you want.

OPTION 2:

A similar setup would involve creating the "boilerplate" text for each template and storing it in a READ-ONLY shared folder. The sales team would just "copy & paste" the appropriate text from the template in their reply & hit send.

OPTION 3:

If you use a mail client, such as Outlook or Outlook Express, there are a few ways to create "boiler plate" text:

1. Create the template messages using HTML or PLAIN text and save them to a shared network drive as .htm or .txt.
2. When the sales staff reply to a message, select INSERT > HTML or TEXT file and browse to the location of the templates.

(You can also use "auto text" but you would need to create the auto-text entries at each workstation).

So, there's more than one way to accomplish this task --- just pick the one that fits your setup.

-Dave

[Updated on: Tue, 17 May 2005 01:24]

•  
BobH

Thanks, option 2 sounds like the way to go since we want to provide this templates to a subgroup of all mail users.

We're recent adopters of Kerio Mail and like it alot but we've been using Pegasus prior to this and saving templates as "stationary" was so easy since it was a built-in function. Gonna miss that!

I was surprised that the "edit as new" function in Kerio deletes the original message. It's strikes me as counter-intuitive that it would. This would be a simple way to achieve a template function in Kerio. At least give the user the option of "Save Original Message?" when you select "edit as new".

Is this an issue for anyone else out there? If so, forum interest is probably the best way to get the developers' attention. ;^)

•  
dbott

I noticed the message was deleted as I was testing my post from yesterday. Setting the shared folder to READ for the group will fix the problem, although the users will get the error message. Other than the error message, the solution seems to work.

-Dave
  •  
BobH

I have setup a dummy e-mail account so multiple users can use it to create their own folder and share it back to themselves as read-only . That way they can edit the template file and it's protected when they are logged in as themselves.

It's a good work-around given the circumstances but long-term I hope Kerio makes the minor change to the "edit as new" function.

Thanks again.
Previous Topic: Webmail up for the load? Antivirus plugin prices?
Next Topic: Bug in custom message rules 6.0.x
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 10:38:29 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00388 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.