Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Mail Server automation
  •  
orbi

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

* issue

I need to create aliases for job numbers (eg job00001<_at_>abc.com, job00002<_at_>abc.com etc etc). So that people can send communications relating to jobs to a repositry for that job.
The aliases will be on one account allthejobs<_at_>abc.com and I will have to create rules that put them in the right folders (which can then be archived at closeure of a job)

These are the following issues I would love some feedback/ guidance on.
1. The jobs will eventually run into the tens of thousands (max), what, if any are the issues for the mail server with having so many aliases?

2. Is there a way to create these accounts on the fly ie create alias job00001<_at_> to job99999<_at_>?

3. Is there a way to create the rules on the fly ie <rule> put any mails to address job00001<_at_>abc.com into folder job00001 </rule>

4. Is this feckin completely mad or quite a good idea?

5. All comments welcome.

Orbi

I am trying to get all communications relating to specific jobs into a format which can be backed up easily on completion of job. A lot of people in the organisation could be communicating about a job both externally and internally. So I figure the solution is to CC communications sent externally to the jobxx<_at_> and to forward received mails to same jobxx<_at_> to capture this.

[Updated on: Tue, 17 May 2005 17:05]

•  
desquinn

seems like a lot of scope for human error (most likely thru omission of the cc address)

Des Quinn
  •  
orbi

Yea true (stupid lazy humans :) ), but its as close as I can get there are too many overlaps of clients v jobs so I cant filter by address to job ie cut1<_at_>cust1.com into job1 folder as cust1 is also involved with job 1, 3, 6, 400 etc. I dont expect to get a 100% sweep but would try and ween it into the corp culture.

I would also prob try and get people to clear their accounts of mails, perhalps limit new employees to smaller quota wich may 'encourage' them to clean up using this message forwarding?!?

•  
orbi

Any other sugestions are more than welcome.
Previous Topic: 6.1.0 Beta 5 Released
Next Topic: Feature requests & How To Contact Kerio Support
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 02:14:42 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00428 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.