Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » How is speed/performance inproved in 6.1 with outlook?
  •  
Zincusa

Send a private message to this user
Hi group and Kerio,

I went through the beta manual for 6.1 to read about the offline support for KMS and hoping to find imformation regarding the bad performance currently in Outlook (when searching folders, when sending large attachments, when performing an action on multiple mails at once, etc) and I was under the impression that the offline support also indicated that all actions are performed locally and then more efficiently synched with the server online.

BUT: In that beta manual I only read:
Quote:

Warning: It is not possible to use Kerio Outlook Connector and Kerio Synchronization Plug-in at the same time. Both applications can be installed and used in one MS Outlook, however, they cannot be both used by one account.

and
Quote:

Kerio Synchronization Plug-in can snchronize only IMAP and POP3 account. It is not possible to use it for synchronization of MAPI accounts.

Trying to be prepared as good as possible and starting the usage of 6.1 with the right expectations I would like to know in advance IF and HOW performance is going to be with 6.1.

Dear Kerio, I really love your product, but as an Exchange alternative using Outlook as the client, I think the performance is way below acceptable. Is this fixed in 6.1?

Many thanks -
Zincusa
  •  
tekfal23

You read it correctly. I've been testing it. It doesn't sync e-mails with the server exactly. It only syncs the calendar and contacts. It's extremely weak at best. I was told exactly what you were about all actions being performed locally. This doesn't really do that. All mail actions are performed locally just as with a pop3 account. However, once e-mail is in your pst file, it is no longer accessible in webmail. In short, it kinda sucks.
  •  
peterj

kinda sucks!! - that's an understatement

I'm livid!

We've all been lied to & meanwhile we've all pissed away more money on maintenance in the hope that "6.1 will fix all the problems"
  •  
Dr.Bob

I would appreciate it if the Kerio team gives a 'public' response to this!
  •  
catoxpress

I second that! We have been dealing with sub-par Outlook performance for too long. No offense to other email clients, but we like Outlook! We just want it to perform. Not being able to search for emails and the fact that when I send an email to a large distribution list, it chokes, is totally unacceptable. I've listened to peterj's ravings with some skeptisism in the past, but now I am behind him 100%. Waiting for over a year for the KOC to get better is draining the everyliving life out of me!
  •  
peterj

ravings lol

I'm getting fed up with my raving myself but I just can't believe that state the KMS 6.x has put me & so many others in.

The offline caching issue is just the last straw - Is Kerio trying to get all it's customers IT admins sacked?

All these promises passed on to the end users then broken are the right way to go about it...!

Previous Topic: Pocket PC + Webmail
Next Topic: mailpath
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 17:20:34 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00454 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.