Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Your session has expired. You must login again
  •  
dermot

Send a private message to this user
Upon trying 6.0.10, whenever we try to logon through webmail from outside the local network, we get 'Your session has expired. You must login again' - trying to logon again gets the same messaqe, over and over again... any ideas? Tks
  •  
capbob

I am also having this problem. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.
  •  
Nicholas.Yong

I having the same problem too.

i just got the solution from Kerio technical support - Pavel,
Quote:

timeout for webmail session can be changed only manually in configuration file:

1. Stop KMS Engine
2. Make a backup copy of file mailserver.cfg
3. Edit this file
4. Find line <variable name="SessionExpireTimeout">3600</variable>
5. Change value (default 3600) to required, this number means seconds
6. Save config file and start KMS

have fun =)

[Updated on: Wed, 03 August 2005 09:17]

•  
DMWS

My problem wasn't that the user was getting logged out every hour; he was getting the "Your session has expired" message every time he tried to log on. Solution: In Internet Explorer, he had his Privacy set to High (Tools-->Internet Options... Privacy tab). Set it to Medium and he could log on. So I think Webmail must be using session cookies. -Dan
  •  
Petr Dousa (Kerio)

DMWS wrote on Tue, 23 August 2005 00:02

In Internet Explorer, he had his Privacy set to High (Tools-->Internet Options... Privacy tab). Set it to Medium and he could log on.

Medium High will also work.

Petr Dousa
user experience designer, Kerio
  •  
priclad

We have the problem of getting the "your session has expired" notification when making a e-mail message or a reply message within the webmail of KMS 6.1.0 when the user leaves his computer for a period of 10 or 15 minutes or so. When this usere starts editting or try's to send his message the "your session has expired" message will pop-up and the message will be lost.

Please help...
  •  
pruits

We are having this problem to. All recommended changes have been made. Any other suggestions?
  •  
Petr Dousa (Kerio)

•  
pruits

We tried the suggested link, does not help
  •  
bharper

I have found that it works fine for me in or outside the lan but I can get around the issue by using the "Simplified" version of the mail client. Seems like a big issue to remain unresolved. Is Kerio even acknowledging this as a bug. Seems pretty serious.
  •  
priclad

I have also tried the link en changed the value but doesn't work for us.

But i did found what it caused. We are using mail accounts with mutiple users logging into the same account and whenever one of the users log's out all the other sessions will get the message "your session has expired" previous versions of KMS did not have that problem so the way users logout must have been changed in the new version. The only solution i see at this moment is to give everyone his personal mail account and let the group mail like info<_at_> sales<_at_> and so on be delivered to public folders.
  •  
Petr Dousa (Kerio)

Yes, the logout process has changed in 6.1.0. Logout destroys all current user's sessions, including those of other people who were logged in simultaneously. This was done as security precauiton.

Can other people confirm that their problem has the same cause? I'd like to know your comments so we can reconsider this security policy.

[Updated on: Fri, 26 August 2005 10:20]

Petr Dousa
  •  
Petr Dousa (Kerio)

bharper wrote on Fri, 26 August 2005 00:46

Is Kerio even acknowledging this as a bug. Seems pretty serious.

Yes, it's bug 10541, currently the most serious WebMail problem. Any hints how to reliably reproduce it are welcome.

Petr Dousa
  •  
jakobsoftware

Hi - We have the problem too.

European Tech-support gave an hint to test following settings:

<table name="Http">
  <variable name="SessionExpireTimeout">3600</variable>
  <variable name="MaxPostSize">20</variable>
  <variable name="CheckSessionClientIp">1</variable>

Change 'CheckSessionClientIp' to '0'. Save and restart the mailserver.

We had done this, and till a few minutes it worked fine. But now the same problem appears again.

We urgently need a solution!

Greets,
Daniel schmelz
Lyle M

pdousa wrote on Fri, 26 August 2005 04:06

Yes, the logout process has changed in 6.1.0. Logout destroys all current user's sessions, including those of other people who were logged in simultaneously. This was done as security precauiton.

Can other people confirm that their problem has the same cause? I'd like to know your comments so we can reconsider this security policy.

Hi pdousa,

As a security policy, a single point logout of the entire session is prudent in most scenarios. To best service your customers, I suggest simply adding this as a checkbox option in the admin console. Even more useful, would be the ability to toggle the option on a per-domain or a per-user account basis.

To protect yourselves from torrents of support requests on issues like this, it's a good idea to at least make sure that such changes are documented in the release notes. Better still, adding the new features as configurable items in the admin console (off by default) allows the customer to see the new goodies (perception of increased value) and gives them the option to use it, or not.

Cheers,
Lyle Millander
Previous Topic: public calendar sync with push
Next Topic: Kerio Connect problems with large mailstores
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Sep 26 23:38:35 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00542 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.