Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » So - What do we all think of 6.1???
  •  
peterj

Send a private message to this user

Please add your comments

Mine are:

The Synch addon does not synch your mailbox with the server based copy as I was led to believe.

It only synch's your calendar & contacts & those in the public folders & custom public folders do not seem to be able to be specified.

WHAT GOOD IS THIS ???

I want my email (& by that mean my inbox etc) on the server so it is backed up and available to be shared by others.

I do not want to have to use IMAP & have two different sets of folders in my outlook folder tree!!!

On the plus side I'm sure the extra spam stuff will be marvelous although this doesn't affect me as I use a third party product for anti-spam.

New basic webmail also seems great.

What does everyone else think?
  •  
peterj

Backup also seems much improved with options to split the backup into smaller files & point the backup at a network drive
  •  
peterj

WEB BASED ADMIN IS UTTERLY FABULOUS!!!
  •  
peterj

Spam Whitelisting is also superb
  •  
peterj

In the release notes there is a mention of a pda interface at http://server/pda.

I suspect this does not exist & that the 'express' version has been written to cope with pda format and that this separate url interface is no more..?

can anyone confirm?
  •  
tekfal23

I agree with PeterJ in that I was completely mislead about offline folders. It is utterly worthless. I don't see what the gain is with it. I want my money back. I basically paid over 4 grand for a product that doesn't do what was promised. I keep hearing over and over to wait for 6.1 and it will all be fixed. This isn't fixed. I'm going to be stuck with a MAPI transport that has so many flaws and bugs that it can't be used. Webmail without the MAPI is useless. I can't sync both directions with the sync connector. The other stuff may be the greatest things since sliced bread, but if the basic functionality that I paid for doesn't work, then who cares about the rest of it?
  •  
rhunter

Blacklisting/IP Whitelisting is great. However, it seems the ability to turn off blacklist logging to the security log has disappeared which results in a flood of entries in the log...

The documentation lists the ability to turn logging off, but it isnt in the software. This is in the current production releases. Why is it missing?....... You have to have it available to get the IP of a legitimate sender that may end up in a blacklist.

SPF is nice but in two hours of hour mail routed through the beta, I've only seen a few hits on it. I dont know how many people have the relevant DNS entries to make it truly useful.

The "Spam Repellent" that introduces a delay in the SMTP negotiation seems to be extremely effective at deterring spam connections. I'm sure it will cause some problems with legitimate senders using mail software that doesnt follow the RFC wait requirements.

In Webmail, it still only searches in sender and subject. It doesnt search substrings but it will get what a word starts with. Ex, "Ker" will find Kerio but "eri" will not. Thats an improvement, but it needs to search the message body. I dont know about searching with the KOC, but I assume it uses the same rules/logic as Webmail.

[Updated on: Tue, 17 May 2005 20:07]

•  
bperkins

I've noticed that the pages are not compiled with the Zend Optimizer.

Of course, neither was the beta 6.0 series until the final release. I wonder if these will stay uncompiled?

BP
  •  
rhunter

Searching in KOC seems to search sender, recipient and cc:, bcc: as well as the subject. It doesnt search the message body.

It will find a word in the subject when searching on only the beginning of the word. It wont find a sender, recipient, etc. in the same manner. The name must be typed fully.

It doesnt cache headers permanently to the local computer. Every time you page down, the server loads up sending the new page of message headers. After going through them all, it will scroll through them fast, but closing and re-opening Outlook clears the caching and its slow again. I tested it with around 500 messages in a folder.

I found some Webmail bizarreness. When I open a message in a folder, everything is fine. Close the message and try to open another one and the compose new mail window opens instead. The hourglass spins constantly during this. Logging out and back in clears the problem, until another message is opened. Also, going to the next "page" of messages clears the problem until another message is opened.

I got the messages into KMS by importing a PST that had been dumped from Exchange 2000 through Outlook. All of the messages that had originated from Exchange users show being from <user><_at_>unspecified-domain. I think I had heard of this with previous versions though.

•  
peterj

So is the biggest issue at the moment with offline access?

It seems to me that this feature (a year in the making) is next to worthless!!!

What does everyone else think - Have we all been told that we will be able to have offline access (& synching) to our Kerio mailbox..?
  •  
sophos9

Peter, Hi

Can I clarify what you are saying.... There is no client cache so laptop / pda users will not be able to access their emails whilst not connected?

I SO SO hope this is not the case, I have a sales team & MD waiting with a noose....
  •  
peterj

Yes this is exactly the case

It is suggested that you either POP3 in
(Mail is removed from server is stored locally in PST - not ideal)

or you IMAP in with an additional PST in your profile. All the utility does is synch your contacts/calendar folders with the server.

It does not synch your email at all.

I think you better start begging for forgiveness from your offline workers quick!!!
  •  
sophos9

I cannot beleive this

POP3 - No good as all people travelling will require webmail access NOT one or the other
IMAP - Not an option as they will not always have internet access

i just do not know what is happening to Kerio, like you said they offer a alternative to exchange, what b******

I am just so pi**** off right now, how do I explain to my MD and sales team that the current investment which I planned and implemented based on mis-advertising of a product is not going to do what is critical to our business.....

I will cost up and propose that we dump Kerio and move to Exchange probably losing my job in the process

•  
peterj

I feel exactly the same way.

No wonder Kerio have been reluctant to give a release date. They have been claiming that 6.1 would do offline/caching no doubt so that those who would have dumped KMS have stuck with it & paid another year's subscription in the meantime.

I have posted some screenshots of the KSP plugin in this ticket so those who can't install & test easily can get some idea what is is/does.

http://forums.kerio.com/index.php?t=msg&th=5936&star t=0&S=2aa787de460f8c81b47a60528e9af64e
sophos9

Peter, Hi

Just a quick question, are you in The**** in the UK...

[Updated on: Wed, 18 May 2005 10:59]

Previous Topic: SNMP?
Next Topic: A Cunning Plan..... Or so I thought
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 17:25:36 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00539 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.