Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » So will 6.1 support pda's??
  •  
thollingsworth

Send a private message to this user
That is my biggest problem. I can't synch any palm pilots with 6.0.x it just doesn't work. I was told by support that 6.1 would fix this. PocketPC's work half of the time and I have't even attempted blackberrys yet. Has anyone been successful syncing palms with 6.0.x or 6.1?
  •  
peterj

That depends on your opinion.

In 6.1 you will be able to keep your calendar/contacts in a PST so this should definitely sync OK, however the email will have to either be POP3'ed (ie not on server) or be in an entirely different IMAP folder store.

Not sure if synching email folders with IMAP & cal/contacts in PST would work or how well.

If we were getting offline KOC as promised this would have cured the synching problems.

Had'nt even thought of this - yet another let down!!
  •  
winkelman

It seems to depend on the Palm in question...

I couldn't get it to work with the Palm Tungsten W. No matter what sync-tool I used (Palm Hotsync, Intellisync, Dataviz Desktop to Go [as suggested in another thread], etc.) None would work. Now we got Palm Treo 650's and it just works right out of the box (after configuring Hotsync correctly of course).

My General Manager sometimes has an issue of duplicate contacts, but I am not sure if it is his lack of knowing how to handle PDA's or some quirk in the sync-software. Nonetheless, I clean up the (few hundred) duplicate entries in 10 minutes or so, so it's not a big deal. Happened twice now over the last 4 months. I suspect this could all go away if I set 'conflict resolution' to 'pc wins' or 'pda wins' instead of 'duplicate item', but I'd rather manually delete some items once in a while then have the sync-tool sync the wrong item...

(All of this was under KMS 6.0.3 through our currently used 6.0.8.)
  •  
RPC_Admin

I have been able to sync a Zire, and axim without any problems.
  •  
Anonymous
Desktop sync with BlackBerry and Palm (Tungsten) worked well with the Kerio Synchronization Plugin (beta) worked. Just create an IMAP account and install the plugin. The plugin does not work with in conjunction with KOC.
  •  
atousey

To Winkelman, have you upgraded to 6.0.10? If so can you still sync calendars with the Treo 650? We have a Treo 650 that will sync on its first install, but will not on subsequent syncs. How do you have Hotsync configured?

•  
winkelman

No, I'm still using 6.0.8 and I will not upgrade to newer 6.0.x releases. Only once 6.1 is out I will upgrade KMS (after some weeks of waiting and reading the forum for possible problems, I do not care to repeat my problematic 6.0.9 upgrade and downgrade experience).

So I would'nt know about sync problems in newer versions. (I did use 6.0.9 for a few days and besides lot's of webmail problems syncing went fine with that release.)

Hotsync configuration is pretty basic. It just syncs with Outlook. I do have the option 'Allow offline syncing' (something like that) on.
  •  
etiennelau

Here are the following situations I have tested regarding syncing between Palms and Kerio 6.1:

Sony Clie - Syncs all contacts, calendar, notes just fine. Does not sync email, as they Clie does not support email. This is using the Intelisync Lite included with the Clie. Installed Dataviz product and everything syncs including email!!!!!

Treo 600 - No joy. Pocket mirror is the problem here. Will try installing Dataviz - Beyond Contacts next week.

Handspring Visor Prism - Same as Treo 600 pocket mirror just does not work with Kerio. Tried to install Dataviz product and caused the Visor to blow up.

Etienne
  •  
winkelman

I've upgraded to 6.1 last week and the Treo 650 of my boss is still syncing correctly with Outlook using the standard software Palm Desktop and Hotsync).

Mind you: I do get problems once in a while with duplicate Contacts and sometimes Calendar items. When this happens, I spend 15 minutes going through his 1200 Contacts and deleting the double ones. Maybe every other month this happens. I don't know why.
  •  
Anonymous
Are you synching with KOC or the new KSP (Kerio Synchronization Plugin)?

KSP has been tested to support Pocket Mirror. KOC, not yet.
  •  
winkelman

I am syncing with the KOC (never used or even tried the KSP).

I have never heard of 'Pocket Mirror'...
Previous Topic: Calendar Headers...
Next Topic: Spam rating score
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 17:23:26 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00542 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.