Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio MailServer 6.1.0 beta5
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

Send a private message to this user
Version 6.1.0 beta5 - May 17, 2005

Download link: http://www.kerio.com/beta_section.html

- Kerio Synchronization Plug-in for Outlook - POP3 and IMAP (synchronization of contacts and calendars in Outlook e-mail profile)
- contact synchronization with Apple Address Book
- support for Apple iCal (and other iCal products)
- improved and enhanced anti-spam filtering
- Sender Policy Framework
- E-mail size limit for each user
- restricting user to send/receive e-mail only within his domain
- ability to use two antiviruses simultaneously (McAfee + one external plugin)
- HTML editor in new mail composer in WebMail (MS IE, Mozilla, Firefox, Safari 2.0)
- new antivirus plug-in for Visnetic (Windows) and NOD32 LMS
- free/busy dialog in WebMail
- Web Administration interface (http://server/admin) for domain administration
- support for PDA in WebMail (http://server/pda)
- many bugfixes in WebMail
- new SpamAssassin 3.0.2

Note: Beta versions ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR TECHNICAL SUPPORT. However, we appreciate all bug reports and commments you may have. Please send your thoughts to kms-beta<_at_>kerio.com.

Note 2: Please use the Kerio Outlook Connector 6.1.0 beta 3 with Kerio MailServer 6.1.0 beta 5. The new KOC is available from the beta secton page listed above.

Note 3: Upgrade process requires recreation of user mail databases. This make take minutes or hours, depending on your mailstore size. During this time your mail will be slow or unaccessable.

[Updated on: Thu, 30 June 2005 21:22]

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

•  
peterj

WHEN ARE WE GOING TO GET OFFLINE MODE FOR THE KOC????

THIS IS VITAL FOR MANY OF YOUR CUSTOMERS!!!!
  •  
jonbrain

I'll second this. I have an email stating that Caching in the Outlook Connector will be available in 6.1!
  •  
jshaw541

Has anyone gotten Active Directory integration to work with this release?

Everything seems to be configured properly, but I get:

[19/May/2005 08:29:03] Kerberos 5 auth: user jdoe<_at_>MYDOMAIN.COM not authenticated, error code c000018b
[19/May/2005 08:29:03] Win Error: 1787 - The security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation trust relationship.
[19/May/2005 08:29:03] HTTP/Webmail: Invalid password for user jdoe<_at_>test.mydomain.com. Attempt from IP address 127.0.0.1

Test server is joined to our AD domain. The "Test Connection" function in the Domain settings works. All of the settings are identical to our production 6.0 box.

There's a plethora of info on Google about the 1787 error, but none of them seem to apply to anything I can do, as all my credentials appear solid and tested.

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

jonbrain - Can you forward that email to me?

Please send it to jthomas<_at_>kerio.com

Thank you,
Joshua Thomas

Joshua Thomas
Santa Clara, CA 95054

•  
Kerio_jthomas

Jacob,

For the beta version, if you could send your users.cfg and mailserver.cfg to kmsbeta<_at_>kerio.com, we'll look at it and see if there is a bug. [/edit]

Cheers,
Joshua Thomas

[Updated on: Thu, 19 May 2005 20:14]

Joshua Thomas
Santa Clara, CA 95054

•  
peterj

I have several similar emails to Jonbrain.

Some of mine are from 9months ago like this one from support in August 2004

"Hi Peter,
6.0.2 will be released next week. There are many bugfixes. I'm not sure however if the sorting in 'group by' is resolved in this release, I will know by next week. We should have offline mode functionality available later this year."

I have been told several times that the storage of folder views bugs in KMS/KOC will possible to workaround when the offline support is available - which it still isn't!!!!!

Not to mention KOC's performance problems!!!!
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

Hi Peter,

The author of that email was correct. Offline mode is available in 6.1 - with IMAP and POP3.

I understand that the information as given didn't clarify that, and this is entirely our fault. With a lack of information provided, you (and others) have assumed the offline mode in 6.1 would be part of the Kerio Outlook Connector.

Again, I must apoligize for this. Steps will be taken to ensure the information you recieve is correct, clear and consistent.

Cheers,
Joshua Thomas

Joshua Thomas
Santa Clara, CA 95054

•  
peterj

No, we have not misunderstood!

Firstly this email said offline mode would be available last year (NOT JULY 2005)

Secondly this has been described to me by several different tech's as a local cache of a user's mailbox.

The effect you get with this KSP plugin is frankly crap.
What use is it really?

You have a choice of POP3 - removes the mail from the server!! or IMAP which needs to be online.

HOW CAN YOU CALL THAT OFFLINE MODE FOR KOC???

& Thirdly the bugs with the KOC are still not resolved as it only exists in it's original incarnation.

I give you credit for your nerve but I think it will be difficult to convince me that I was just dreaming or confused rather than the reality that Kerio has lied to me for the past year in order to keep my custom!

I can post more communication with UK tech's stating that in 6.1 syncML based synchronisation would sync the whole mailbox including mail, calendar & contacts folders if you like. Perhaps it will be harder to deny that it ever happened...

Does this change of tack mean that Kerio have no plans at all to provide offline mailbox access?
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

Peter,

Again, I am sorry for this confusion. As I have state before, the blame lies with us on not communicating correctly or clearly to our user base.

The release dates as provided have been incorrect. Steps are being taken to ensure only commited, accurate release dates are given.

Secondly, the feature list for offline mode - Kerio Synchronization Plugin - was never clearly defined. Nor was the message that it was for POP3 and IMAP. Once again, in the future only features we are commited to will be announced. A full explaination of those features will also be published.

The Kerio Synchronization Plugin allows for synchronization of calendar, contacts, and public folders in POP3 and IMAP accounts. This was not previously possible and will be highly useful for mobile clients. As you may know, we think the KOC is a bad choice for mobile clients due to the bandwidth and latency requirements - simply put, it's slow over long distance connections.

POP3 already works in an "offline" mode - you can read whatever mail you download! And any mail you send will be sent through your server when you reconnect. Smile

IMAP in Outlook also has an easy way to work offline. You'll need to do the following:

1) Go to Tools -> Options
2) Mail Setup tab
3) Send/Receive button
4) All Accounts, choose "Edit"
5) Select "Inbox". Change option on right to "Download complete item including attachments."

Now, when you connect, you will recieve the bodies of all mail, and they will be viewable even when not connected to the server.

Cheers,
Joshua Thomas

Joshua Thomas
Santa Clara, CA 95054

•  
raldridge

OK, maybe folks will concede on the sync tool vs KOC. But what about the ability to search emails, including the body? If I'm going to replace GroupWise, I have to have this feature.

Thanks
  •  
sonofcolin

raldridge wrote on Thu, 19 May 2005 20:18

OK, maybe folks will concede on the sync tool vs KOC. But what about the ability to search emails, including the body? If I'm going to replace GroupWise, I have to have this feature.

Thanks

Isn't this down to the email client? No problem with Apple mail or entourage.
  •  
jonbrain

I have another email somewhere stating Caching in connector, but I think the email below says enough.

The problem I have is I have been telling everyhone in my company how great 6.1 will be, and now I just look a complete idiot.

Flagging email

Hello,

search is done on KMS server, and our server doesn't support this feature.

Solution will be in version 6.1. or later. We prepared offline mode for Outlook. It will synchronize PST files with KMS server, so Outlook will work with local PST file and all actions will be performed on this local PST file.

Best Regards,

Pavel Stepanek,
Kerio Technologies.

Ticket Details
=========
Ticket ID: TWR-94663
Tracking URL: http://support.kerio.com/index.php?_a=tickets&_m=viewmai n&emailre=jono<_at_> computerlove.co.uk&ticketkeyre=dc097cc8&_i=TWR-94663
Department: Support - United Kingdom
Created On: 23 Nov 2004 05:26 PM
Last Update: 23 Nov 2004 05:26 PM

<ticket no="TWR-94663"/>

•  
peterj

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~

No Jonbrain - That never happened

You're just dreaming, that email doesn't exist

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~

In fact wait wait a sec & I expect someone from Kerio will be along to delete the evidence & deny all knowledge.

I'm not paranoid it's just Kerio are out to get me (sacked)

Cue Evil Laugh.........

pwhodges

peterj wrote on Fri, 20 May 2005 09:52

In fact wait wait a sec & I expect someone from Kerio will be along to delete the evidence & deny all knowledge.

Read it carefully, though:

"Solution will be in version 6.1. or later."

Looks like it will be later. Anyway, I use IMAP access without local caching, as (a) I don't use Outlook, and (b) I don't want to cache my mail on lots of different computers. My IMAP client (Mulberry) expects the IMAP search facility to be present. It isn't - same with sort.

Paul
Previous Topic: AWStats & kms logs
Next Topic: KMS 6.0.10 Questions
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 00:24:22 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00601 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.