Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Sorting Tasks not possible?
  •  
Tradey

Send a private message to this user
Hi!

I am currently testing KMS6.0.10 for our company and found, that it is not possible to create user-specific sorted views in my outlook tasks (with KOC).
Is this a bug or a feature?
  •  
peterj

It's a bug

It was supposed to be cured in 6.1 along with offline caching but I suspect that as the KSP is pretty useless the bug will still exist in the KOC.
  •  
Tradey

You are right. At least it does not yet work with KOC 6.1b3 and KMS 6.1b5.
  •  
DSARick

Has it been fixed in RC1?
  •  
Anonymous
It really is not a bug. It is just an unsupported proprietary Microsoft feature.
  •  
Anonymous
No not yet. It requires some major code change so it will take a bit longer.
  •  
DSARick

Major code change?

It seems that all the server would need to do is save the view settings.

•  
Anonymous
Maybe I'm talking about a different feature. Are you referring to Edit > Arrange By? If so, I have been told that this is a KOC limitation that does not supports a proprietary feature in Outlook.

•  
DSARick

I'm talking about right clicking in tasks then 'Group By'.
  •  
Anonymous
I got it now. Unfortunately this is still a limitaiton in KOC that needs to be redesigned in order to support more MAPI features.
  •  
peterj

To Clarify...

It's a bug

The views are not stored on the server as they should.

I have had this bug registered for about 11months
  •  
DSARick

11 months?

This is a bit disturbing.

I'm a new reseller and my confidence in this product is starting to fade. I have 3 clients using it so far and they are starting to expose the products pitfalls.

When I hear things like, it's been 11 months since this issue has been brought to Kerio's attention and nothing has been done about it, that concerns me.

Is this typical for Kerio?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

peterj wrote on Tue, 28 June 2005 00:24

To Clarify...

It's a bug

The views are not stored on the server as they should.

I have had this bug registered for about 11months

Peter, calm down please.
This is not a bug, it's a limitation of KOC in current version.
Microsoft uses proprietary extensions in MAPI. Moreover, MAPI is very poorly documented (intentionally).

We have already received many requests for this feature. It is still in development.

I'm wondering why you scare and discourage other members in this forum...

•  
DSARick

Ok, so the issue is poor documentation. I can understand that, but if it's been 11 months since this issue was brought to Kerio's attention and no solution could be found....well then I'm back to being concerned.

Has it really been 11 months since this issue was reported?
Anonymous
Customer/reseller feedback is very important to Kerio. All bugs and feature requests are logged, considered and prioritized. No feature request or bug is ever dropped. As you can see from the release notes, many bug fixes and new features are added to each point release. Just like any software development process, some bugs or feature requests can be easily completed while some may require a longer time frame. It is the feedback from customers and resellers that help prioritize and drives the development process. Less than two years ago, the Kerio MailServer was only a POP3 server with a simple WebMail.

As any company tries their best to please every customer, there will always be a few who will not be fulfilled. No company would not stay in business if the majority of customers and resellers are unhappy.

Peter and all, we apologize for the delay. We hear your plight. You are not the only one asking for this. But this particular feature really cannot be done easily. There are things in the works, but we do not know exactly when this would become available. We appreciate your patience.
Previous Topic: character set in webmail
Next Topic: problems with bcc and autoresponder
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 16:05:30 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00486 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.