Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Understanding AV plugins. . .on windows. . .
  •  
TechFan

Send a private message to this user
I installed the demo on a XP Pro box I had in the office and I see that the email files are stored as individual .eml files in a folder structure. I am trying to figure out why it would be necessary to have a mail scanning plugin running if the on-demand AV client on that computer should find viri in these .eml files? What am I missing? I am trying to find a solution that seems to cover the AV front. . .without breaking the bank. We are thinking about buying 270 user licenses of Kerio, but AV licenses for that many users for everything but the integrated McAfee are in the $3000 range. We currently scan our mail server with the free Clam AV and have yet to have a virus get through since we got it. No plugin available for using Clam with Kerio though. We also have TrendMicro Officescan/Serverprotect running on all local machines. . .how to we ensure AV protection?

Thanks for the advice.
  •  
TechFan

Ok, so I have the plugin choices it down to NOD32 or the integrated McAfee. . .any comments / reactions?
  •  
pwhodges

I'm very happy with NOD32 - unobtrusive and effective, and one of the fastest to react to new threats. One particular thing about it is that it detects "Phishing" emails, which it classifies as trojans.

Paul
  •  
Tradey

I'm currently testing KMS&KOC and ran into that same question. However, I found out, since we are downloading our mail via RemotePOP3 from an external server, every mail has to pass the symantec CE client, which does on-the-fly pop3 scanning.

My testversion of MDaemon (cool server, strongest competitor in my test), of course running remote pop3, is scanned by the Free-AVG Mail-Client (grisoft). Puts an attachment in every mail, but seems to work flawlessly.
Previous Topic: Synch or Connector.
Next Topic: Kerio Needs to Improve
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 16:03:54 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00399 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.