Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Problem with Webmail after setting up a subdomain.
  •  
bwatkins0132

Send a private message to this user
Hey, I have Webmail working with no problem as "www.domain.com:8080." It is port 8080 because I'm running a webserver on port 80 on the same computer.

I set up a virtual host for "mail.domain.com" and I have it's document root point to "C:/Program Files/Kerio/MailServer/webmail".

My problem is, when I type in "mail.domain.com" it forwards me to index.php and I get:

Notice: Undefined index: debug in C:\Program Files\Kerio\MailServer\webmail\default\index.php on line 3

Notice: Undefined index: desktop in C:\Program Files\Kerio\MailServer\webmail\default\index.php on line 5

So I tried login.php and I get:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function kerio() in C:\Program Files\Kerio\MailServer\webmail\default\login.php on line 4

Is there a way around this?

Thanks.

Bill Watkins
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

Hi Bill,

Webmail only works through the built-in webserver. You can not make it work the way you are attempting.

One option is to assign another IP address to your server, change the DNS record for mail.domain.com to point to this IP address, and run KMS only on this IP address.

Run your webserver (www.domain.com) only on the other IP address.

Cheers,
Joshua Thomas

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

•  
bwatkins0132

I just came up with a solution to this if anyone is interested.

Since because of the way the MailServer is set up you cannot directly access via a domain name w/o a seperate IP, I wrote a simple PHP script:

<?php header("Location: http://www.webserver.com:8080") ?>

(8080 being my Kerio http port)

That, when mail.webserver.com is loaded, it simple redirects you to the location above.

This way I can tell all of the goons to remember "mail.webserver.com" versus "www.webserver.com:8080" as I tell them "www dot webserver dot com colon eighty eighty." "Colon? That thing between the number of a clock?" "...Yes." And sometimes they'll put a slash on, or forget to take it off... You'd think they'd bookmark it the first time... "What's email again?!"

PS, You don't need PHP to redirect, you can use HTML's meta-refresh tag.
Previous Topic: metadata.pag files very large.
Next Topic: 6.0.10 Upgrade Denied
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 00:33:45 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00426 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.