Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Needs to Improve
  •  
robertkemp

Send a private message to this user
Wait a second -- do I understand this correctly... There is NOT going to be support for sync'd mail in the 6.1 release? Perhaps they just don't have it ready for this beta?

Calendar/contact syncing might be nice for a few people, but that feature isn't that great without a local copy of users mail. I think Kerio should have focused on what I believe are the requirements of most, if not all of their customers. I am surprised that this release isn't going to solve this problem -- especially considering how long it is taking.

I don't know what the answer is for this company. Are they overwhelmed with the development process? Are there too many bugs and not enough time to address them all? Are they spending too much time and resources showing off their products at trade shows? The developers/product managers need to have a heart-to-heart with the Kerio management team to let them know they need help! It appears to me that they are making sales and should have the money to hire more development staff, QA staff, or whatever else it takes to keep current customers and continue to grow. Perhaps they need to bring someone in to help them with their development process. I could go on and on, but without knowing their business it is hard to say what they need to do -- but they obviously need to do something.

Anyway, I believe we were misled on the issue of mail syncing. People have been sitting around here talking about syncing for months. Heck, I purchased Kerio because I was led to believe that mail syncing was coming in their next big release. Perhaps I was wrong, and their next big release is sometime in the distant future. I have learned my lesson though... no more purchasing products based on what companies say they are going to include in their next release!
  •  
peterj

I think this feeling is pretty common.

I have just been told (on this forum) to try MDaemon & although the administration console is seriously cluttered and options are hard to find/understand performance & feature wise they are streets ahead of Kerio.

They have an Outlook Connector & the speed of which is just like Exchange always was - PLUS THERE IS OFFLINE ACCESS.

If I'd known how far MDaemon have come since the last time I evaluated it I would probably have bought it rather than renewing my kerio subscription & upping our user count.

I have only had it installed for about 30mins & it is seriously fast & feature rich.

Kerio - you need to buck your ideas up. The very idea of another 15% price rise as planned makes me angry when I see what the competition can do..!

•  
sonofcolin

I think the fact that you can't synch mail is because your using Outlook.

Mail synch has worked just great for us since 5.7x and the majority of our users are mobile! If you want good mail synch, use IMAP. If you want to use POP, then configure the mail clients to leave messages on the server. If Outlook doesn't support this, then maybe a different mail client will satisfy your needs for these requirements?

Just because Outlook has CRAP support for anything other than MS Exchange isn't the fault of KMS which provides the vast majority of the features you are looking for alabeit in a slightly different manner than you are accustomed to with Outlook/Exchange.

If you want full Outlook MAPI support, then you need Exchange. If you want similar (but considerably cheaper functionality, then go for KMS). You do get what you pay for in this respect. If you bought KMS based upon its future rather than its current feature set, then you probably won't make that mistake again!
  •  
rhunter

MDaemon (Alt-n) also has several newsgroups set up on their site that are helpful. They usually have support personnel active in the groups.

I agree about their admin interface. It's very confusing. Some settings seemed to have no effect when I tested it a few months ago. I think they've more fully implemented their Outlook connector with v8. I'll take another look at it.

•  
peterj

sonofcolin.

The issue is that since last July Kerio have been promising caching for the KOC in V6.1 (Which has been delayed for about 6months also)

In this manner they have kept people paying for the subcription for the product.

I don't think it is unreasonable to expect that we should get what has been promised.

I would also like to make the point that the price hike of 15% that happened when 6.0.x happened immediately whereas the bugs have taken a year to get out (mostly)

I have no doubt that as intimated the price of KMS will be another 15% higher at 00:01 on the morning of the 1st August even though the promised improvements have not been delivered.

It seems to me that the memory of the great product that 5.7.x used to be has been wiped out by the unstable, slow & buggy nightmare of 6.x. Clearly they lack the expertise to delve in the collaboration side.

It has taken me all this time to finally lose faith in Kerio who's devs I used to admire for such a great product.

They have just pushed me (&others) too far since last July with the flaky releases of KMS and broken promises

[Updated on: Fri, 20 May 2005 17:45]

•  
sonofcolin

Peterj,

I'm sorry that it hasn't worked out for your comapany the way you thought it would. It seems like you definitely need to look into the alternatives.

I agree that you seem to have been mislead with this. Not entirely, but still not what you thought it would be.
Previous Topic: Understanding AV plugins. . .on windows. . .
Next Topic: intallation of KMS6.1 fail dependencies
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 04:13:11 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00479 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.