Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Help Please - I think I'm missing something...
  •  
phil_w

Send a private message to this user
Sorry if this is a stupid request, but I'm trying to set up Entourage 2004 to connect to Kerio 6.x.

I get mail working fine as an 'Exchange Account' - no problems there. What I want to do is see the Calendar and Contacts I have under 'Public Folders' in Kerio Webmail in Entourage too.

Am I missing a vital fact or is this not possible?

What I want to end up with is a central calendar and address book that is editable by all valid users from within Entourage. Is this achievable?

Many thanks,

Phil

[Updated on: Fri, 20 May 2005 18:39]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Unfortunately, Entourage 2004 client doesn't support Public Calendars or Contacts. It supports only e-mail type of Public Folders.

The weird thing about this client is that calendar and contacts folders shared by other users work via 'Delegation' support.

It's a standard behavior of Entourage 2004.
  •  
phil_w

Thank you. I thought as much.

Looking into it a bit deeper I've found that an Entourage update later on this year is apparently going to increase support in a few areas.
  •  
My IT Indy

phil_w wrote on Sun, 22 May 2005 09:20

Thank you. I thought as much.

Looking into it a bit deeper I've found that an Entourage update later on this year is apparently going to increase support in a few areas.

MS has been saying this for years BTW. Don't hold your breath, Entourage is the biggest piece of .... software ever written.

I could make a living support it, I choose not to.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
puskas

Rugby,

What would you use instaed of Entourage? There is only really OSX Mail, and in 10.3 the exchange plug-in doesn't really work.

I am using Entourage2004 to connect via exchange to 6.0.8 on OSX Server10.3.9. Sometimes mail takes around half an hour to come through! Even though you can see it in Webmail.

I am thinking about changing the connection to imap because of this, but am not too sure about the downsides to this.

Phil, the much anticipated 6.1 server should have an Address Book and ical support. Sounds not bad, if it works!

Puskas
Previous Topic: searching e-mail bodies
Next Topic: Vulnerablility
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 11:37:20 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00483 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.