Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Two problems I have with KWF
  •  
Webber

Send a private message to this user
Hi I am trying the 30 day trial of version 5.1.9. I have 2 problems, I am not sure if its something I can fix via the settings or that needs to be fixed in a newer version. The problems are both related to IRC.

1) When I connect to a irc server on one my wired/wireless systems (not the sustem that connected to the internet directly) identd isn't working. I had tried the original WinRoute Pro in the past and it did work with that. Is it a matter of just telling KWH that when I connect to said ports, (6660-6669) redirect all connections going to 113 to that system for a second, and if so how can I do this.

2) The other problem has to do with DCC chat. When I chat a client on IRC, after the connection is established my connection to the irc server is disconnected. This problem I would think is a bug in the software and will require being fixed in a upgraded version. If that's the case how to I go about letting the KWF coders know about these problems. Also this to wasn't a problem in the original WinRoute Pro.

EDIT: I also notice that all my KWF services are are open even if I strobe my IP from a system not on my local lan, is there a way to make it so this isnt the case?

EDIT: Does this program have problems with XP? I see that it either crashed over the night, or shut down for some reason. Any idea why this would happen?

Thanks in advance for any help..

[Updated on: Sat, 17 January 2004 22:56]

The only easy day, was yesterday..
  •  
Webber

Hello? Any answers to these issues..

The only easy day, was yesterday..
  •  
Broker

Webber

2) The other problem has to do with DCC chat. When I chat a client on IRC, after the connection is established my connection to the irc server is disconnected. This problem I would think is a bug in the software and will require being fixed in a upgraded version. If that's the case how to I go about letting the KWF coders know about these problems. Also this to wasn't a problem in the original WinRoute Pro.

I noticed the same problem. It does not have to be DCC request.

When user is on IRC server through WinRoute NAT and if anyone types DCC CHAT or DCC SEND (in caps, on chanel, private mesage or notice or anything) he will be imediately disconected from server. This is quite an exploit.

I am surprised noone responded to your question.

[Updated on: Wed, 25 August 2004 00:25]

Previous Topic: KWF 6.x SMTP problem
Next Topic: VPN using KWF 6.0.2/4 and VPN Client 1.0.2/3
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 01:13:07 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00365 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.