Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Alternatives to KOC
  •  
Dr.Bob

Send a private message to this user
Should it be possible (in theory?) to use an Outlook Connector from another company than Kerio's KOC? One that does support offline mode, and have acceptable speed etc? Like maybe Communigate Pro's connector, or Suse OpenExchange connector? Or something else, that maps the Outlook functionality over IMAP, just like KOC itself does, but then better?
  •  
tekfal23

I've been trying the communigate pro connector and I can't get it to work.
  •  
tekfal23

I haven't found one that will work. The connectors have to work with their associated server. They aren't universal. Good thought though.
  •  
Yves Smolders

The Bynari Insight connector works with all IMAP servers. However, you won't be able to integrate it with the Kerio webmail (special folders in bynari are stored in regular IMAP mail folders)

•  
Dr.Bob

Hey, am I dreaming or is the Bynari connector also being implemented in Alt-N's (MDeamon) solution, their Outlook Connector?

How hard would it be to 'port' it to Kerio MS?
  •  
tekfal23

I'll have to try it.
  •  
Dr.Bob

Too bad it doesn't work out-of-the-box on KMS ...
  •  
tekfal23

Bynari doesn't work for me.
  •  
Yves Smolders

The old Mdaemons (<8.0) used to work with something that looked scaringly like Bynari.

However, Version 8, and "outlook connector" is a totally different beast, rewritten from scratch.

Bynari installed on top of Outlook. Outlook connector is a true MAPI provider.
  •  
digiclone

Check out Exchange4Linux. It has a CACHING mapi connetor for Outlook and there is a free version of it as well as a commercial paid version with support. They say the connector is very fast with the new 3.0 version with the caching. I am going to try the free version on a test server here.
  •  
Dr.Bob

Am looking forward to hear your conclusions! Thanx
  •  
2226cc

So how did the exchange4linux connector work out? Success?
Previous Topic: Feature Request: Logging Enhancement & Anti-Spam Options
Next Topic: Problems receiving inbound mail
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 12:53:42 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00515 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.