Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Distribution Lists in 6.1
  •  
bperkins

Send a private message to this user
Joshua Thomas,

Will the webmail in 6.1 include Distribution Lists/Groups like I was told it would? I don't see it in the beta5.

Thanks for any info you can give me :-)

BP
  •  
bperkins

Pavel, Can you give me an answer on this please? I just want to know what to tell my users.

Thanks,
BP
  •  
vandalen

I remember they said the DL's was going to be included in 6.1, I guess they still have not done it.
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

Hi,

Distribution lists are supported currently in 6.0/6.1 in KOC via Contacts. Select your public contact folder; right click in the contact area and select "New Distribution List".

If you are referring to server-side "distribution lists", I can confirm we've had a number of requests for this feature, but I no info on when we will implement it.

If you could tell me exactly how you'd like it to work - go ahead, be as detailed as you like - then I can also append that information for the developers.

Cheers,
Joshua

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

•  
bperkins

Josh,

So, there are no plans for Distribution Lists in Webmail? I was told there would be, so I've been telling my users that there would be. This is a pretty important feature for us.

BP
  •  
peterj

I was also told this would be in 6.1.

This situation is remarkably familiar.

I seem to remember someone mentioning that 6.1 would also include offline caching....

Maybe I was imagining it, Kerio would never mislead it's PAYING customers in this way, would they?
  •  
jshaw541

What are distribution lists?

How do they differ from mail lists?

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
  •  
bperkins

Ability to have groups in the address book.
  •  
glavender

The Distribution Lists needed in webmail should act like and synchronize with the Distribution Lists in Outlook. You can setup a distribution list for each company department and location. When you send an email to a Distribution List everyone in the list gets the email. Also, there should be way to view the members of the list your sending to.
  •  
mazzel

Kerio_jthomas wrote on Sat, 04 June 2005 01:45

Hi,

Distribution lists are supported currently in 6.0/6.1 in KOC via Contacts. Select your public contact folder; right click in the contact area and select "New Distribution List".

If you are referring to server-side "distribution lists", I can confirm we've had a number of requests for this feature, but I no info on when we will implement it.

If you could tell me exactly how you'd like it to work - go ahead, be as detailed as you like - then I can also append that information for the developers.

Cheers,
Joshua

Not so difficult: just the same how it works in Outlook! And also the ability in webmail to select more e-mailadresses at the same time, for example by using SHIFT or CTRL.
  •  
winkelman

The way I see it, distribution lists (in webmail, yes please) should simply be a list of email addresses. Then it should be possible to use the distribution list as email recipient (in the To, CC, or BCC fields). Obviously, the email should then be sent to all people in the distribution list.

It is even better if the distribution list can also contain (links to) people in your Contacts folders. When changing email addresses, it should only have to be done in the Contact, not in the distribution list.

Distribution lists are just a convenient way to email a fixed group of people and easily managing this group.

PS: I do this now by creating a regular Contacts and putting in several email adresses in de Email field seperated by a comma. This works, but is a) not very nice and b) not easy to manage if there are lots of email addresses.
  •  
vandalen

Joshua,

That is a pitty, I'm starting to notice a patern. Cache emails, no go, DL's, no go.

According to Kenneth Whittaker in Ticket ID: FVV-63366 said that they will be in 6.1

What's going on at Kerio ????????????????????

Is it a language barrier?
  •  
vandalen

The problem with those (KOC) distribution list is that an email can not be associated with it. Give me a break. You guys keep promesing ....
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

This feature was targeted for 6.1.0 and has been postponed. I can not give you a new release date, but we're working on it.

I apoligize for the bad information. For the future, we will not be announcing any features until they are actually released and available for customer use.

Cheers,
Joshua Thomas

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

•  
peterj

This whole idea of keeping any new features etc secret seems counter productive and I suspect it is a kneejerk reaction.

You just need to be frank, honest & realistic about deadlines & then do your best to meet them, if you can't we will just have to accept this but lying to us is totally unacceptable!

Previous Topic: Performance
Next Topic: Keriomailserver 6.0.1 service constantly shutsdown
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 14:06:08 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01030 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.