Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » AWStats & kms logs
  •  
pierre.lannoy

Send a private message to this user
Hi all !

did someone success in analyzing kms logs with awstats ? If so, please don't hesitate to give us how, when, where ...

many thanks
PL
  •  
pierre.lannoy

Hi all !

It seems that nobody use AWStats for mail stat with KMS. So I want to reformulate my question : did someone analyze stats with third party products (ie : not with kms integrated stats module)? With which product ?

Thanks in advance...

P.Lannoy
  •  
jshaw541

pierre.lannoy wrote on Mon, 06 June 2005 08:14

Hi all !

It seems that nobody use AWStats for mail stat with KMS. So I want to reformulate my question : did someone analyze stats with third party products (ie : not with kms integrated stats module)? With which product ?

Thanks in advance...

P.Lannoy

I use my kmsreport.pl perl script to generate html-based stats:

http://people.sps.lane.edu/jshaw/projects/kms/

At some point in the future, I plan to further update this with new features and probably graphs.

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
  •  
winkelman

jshaw541 wrote on Tue, 07 June 2005 01:21
I use my kmsreport.pl perl script to generate html-based stats:

[url

http://people.sps.lane.edu/jshaw/projects/kms/[/url]

At some point in the future, I plan to further update this with new features and probably graphs.

Thanks! I got it to work painlessly (Windows system). I will check in once in a while to check for additions/improvements. Keep it up :-)
  •  
pierre.lannoy

Thanks for the script. It works fine !
To complete the overview, has someone found a "packaged" solution ? Who try to use sed (or other tools) to transform kms logs in "readable" log (by awstats or others...) ?

P.Lannoy
  •  
pierre.lannoy

OK, OK, ...
no chance with AWStats....
In commercial products, what do you think about Mail Access Monitor (for kms) by RedLine Soft ?
Is someone using it ? How is it stable, configurable, .... ?

Thanks in advance...
  •  
jshaw541

pierre.lannoy wrote on Wed, 15 June 2005 02:03

OK, OK, ...
no chance with AWStats....
In commercial products, what do you think about Mail Access Monitor (for kms) by RedLine Soft ?
Is someone using it ? How is it stable, configurable, .... ?

Thanks in advance...

Not to spread FUD, but I'd be weary of buying products like this from countries with loose computer crime laws, such as Russia. If something were to go wrong and your company's data was compromised, you'd have few options for justice.

An email log analysis program from a relatively small, unknown company would be a perfect candidate for an email address harvesting trojan. Not to say these folks do that, but just be careful and read the EULA carefully.

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
  •  
pierre.lannoy

Is nobody here use Mail Access Monitor ???

(more comments are welcome...)

P.Lannoy

[Updated on: Mon, 20 June 2005 16:39]

Previous Topic: mail filters
Next Topic: Kerio MailServer 6.1.0 beta5
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 19:08:47 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00486 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.