Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » General Kerio Questions
  •  
Jason

Send a private message to this user
I've inherited responsibility for a Windows Kerio mailserver (6.0.10.80). My backround is more in programming than in mail administration, and was hoping I could get some feedback on the following topics.

Spam
Based on some posts in this forum, I downloaded rules from rulesemporioum.com and the spam checking has gotten much better. I was wondering if anybody knew a good Windows based administration / update utility (or even script) for SpamAssassin since Kerio doesn't appear to come with one (at least that I could find).

Is there any way to allow multiple messages to be marked as spam (from the Outlook Connector or the Website)?

When looking at the X-Spam-Status scores in mail headers, the BAYES_XXX scores are typically low or worse, negative, and seem to throw off the spam score. Is there any way to improve or disable these rules (I couldn't find them in the SpamAssassin\Rules directory)

Attachments
We are having significant problems with attachments. I'm not sure if the problem is on the server end or the Outlook Connector end, because it appears to be sporadic (even within the same email message). In one instance, I did a diff on the same file sent to my Kerio address and to a Yahoo address. The files were the same size, but the Kerio email had a block of null's toward the beginning of the file that weren't supposed to be there. Has anybody experienced similar issues?

Outlook Connector
We've been pretty underwhelmed with the performance of the Outlook Connector. Under Exchange 5.5, we had (admittedly due to poor management) racked up large email boxes (1000's of messages). Under Exchange, this wasn't a problem, but under Kerio, having large email boxes is catastrophic to performance. I'm just guessing, but does the Outlook connector download entire messages when loading email boxes instead of just the headers? Does anybody have any suggestions on how to improve performance other than subdividing email boxes? BTW - out-of-office support from the Connector would be nice (I know it's available from the web interface)

Also, is it just me, or does searching for body text seem not to work?

IMAP
Remote IMAP performance is wretched. Is there any way to tweak performance?

Windows Versus Linux
We're running the Windows server of Kerio running under Server 2003. Are there significant differences between the Windows and Linux versions (i.e. does the Linux version have better administration tools, more speed, etc.)?

Thanks in adavnce for any ideas!

[Updated on: Fri, 27 May 2005 17:23]

•  
tekfal23

Send a private message to this user
The problems you're describing are basically the same experience everyone is getting. Sorry I don't have any answers, but Kerio hasn't given me any either.
Previous Topic: Fax server in 6.10
Next Topic: Kerio WebMail Behavior
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 12:57:39 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00409 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.