Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Upgrade to 6.1 Beta 5
  •  
shimonbd

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

Did someone upgrade to this version already ?
does it solves any of the following bugs:

- KOC does not allow outlook local rules
- Nested attachments are deleted
- Search inside the contents of mails, currently not allowed
- Kerio mailserver not being Unicode

or any other unmentioned bugs ?

Thanks,
Shimon,
  •  
ofer

shimonbd wrote on Sun, 29 May 2005 13:16

Hello,

- Kerio mailserver not being Unicode

what problems regarding UNICODE you have in KMS ???
as far as I see beside some problems in KMS webmail that doesn't show some of the messages . - everything regrading to UNICODE works fine (sending ,receiving messages with Hebrew and English )

•  
shimonbd

Try using three languages at once and you'll see, for example, jut add russian and if your default non-unicode language setting is set to hebrew, then the russian will appear garbled
surprisingly enough the webmail does show it well, also kerio support said that they are not unicode compliant,

But appart from that have you see any solution to one of the other bugs i asked about ?

Shimon,
  •  
ofer

shimonbd wrote on Sun, 29 May 2005 16:07

Try using three languages at once and you'll see, for example, jut add russian and if your default non-unicode language setting is set to hebrew, then the russian will appear garbled
surprisingly enough the webmail does show it well, also kerio support said that they are not unicode compliant,

But appart from that have you see any solution to one of the other bugs i asked about ?

Shimon,

I don't remeber situation like this but as far understand its a matter of the mail client rather then the server ..

I tryed the KOC on KMS 6.1 beta - it doesn't works good - as well as the sync plugin

HOW ever I can search inside of the messages on my production 6.0.10 as well on the KMS beta

•  
shimonbd

What about any of the other bugs:

nested attachments don't get sent
local outlook rules disabled

BTW - Kerio themselves admit that it is not possible to search inside mails on the 6.0.10 version so unless you are working with a local files or such ...
  •  
ofer

shimonbd wrote on Sun, 29 May 2005 17:51

What about any of the other bugs:

nested attachments don't get sent
local outlook rules disabled

I didn't check it

shimonbd wrote on Sun, 29 May 2005 17:51

BTW - Kerio themselves admit that it is not possible to search inside mails on the 6.0.10 version so unless you are working with a local files or such ...

Yes you right about that - If I knew that I might re-consider the purchase of the KMS

I will check it on the KMS 6.1 beta
  •  
ofer

searching inside messages -
I've check this option - on my production KMS 6.0.10 and on the KMS 6.1 beta 5 and on Mac OS X server 10.3.9 (POSTFIX+CYRUS ) non of the above allow to search inside message body - it can be down only if you cache the messages on your client -if you just download the headers - I couldn't search insdie the message body
I guess it's wellcome feature on the KMS webmail - but they need to improove it much more in other things before enabling that
  •  
shimonbd

What about the nested attachment problem, attachments inside mails that where sent as attachments are removed ?

What about performance ?

Shimon,
  •  
ofer

shimonbd wrote on Mon, 30 May 2005 10:38

What about the nested attachment problem, attachments inside mails that where sent as attachments are removed ?

I don't see any porblem - both on 6.0.10 and on 6.1 BETA
attachments that sent inside attached eml file

shimonbd wrote on Mon, 30 May 2005 10:38

What about performance ?

can't compare - 6.1 beta running on PM G5 1.6 on Mac OS X server 10.3.9
6.0.10 running on P IV 2.8 with SLES 9

I feel that the SuSe machine runs faster - webmail run very slow compare to other webmail clients such as HORDE-IMP
Previous Topic: Enabeling Sopos AV in KMS
Next Topic: The best security configuration for a webmail?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 07:05:58 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00501 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.