Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » connection limit reached
  •  
tgeery

Send a private message to this user
I have tried the last several version of Winroute 6.x, including the new 6.0.11, and I have experienced the same issue in each one: when LAN clients poll POP3 email accounts or send mail via SMTP, the computer running Winroute starts connection after connection to the POP and/or SMTP server.

The net result is that the servers block access due to too many connections and the connections continue to build up until the limit is reached.

This happens regardless of whether I use the Wizard to built the traffic rules or if I build them on my own. Bottom line, I cannot find an explanation for this behavior and it results in me taking Winroute back off the system.

Anyone shed some light on this issue?
  •  
kezhaka

Send a private message to this user
i am ezperiencing the same problem. the slight difference is that it only happens with pop3 connections, allowing smtp. the only way to figure this problem out for now is turninig protocol inspector off for pop3 service, but this makes no sense is terms of security. so i would be very gratefull if tell the way to make things work.
Previous Topic: Multiple interfaces connected to internet
Next Topic: VPN Problem very important
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 00:55:02 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00346 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.