Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Performance
  •  
xavividal

Send a private message to this user
Hi

We're about 70 users using ONLY Kerio Webmail, and they're tired of his slow performance.
(Server: PowerMac G5 2x1.8Ghz 2.096 Ram 2 x 250Gb HD)
(Clients: Imac G3 80%+ Imac G4 20%)
(Both with Mac OS X 10.3.8)

We're looking to install Entourage on every computer but we want to know before if IMAP performance is enough good (with 70 users).

I suppose the ranking would be:

Webmail (the slowest)
IMAP (-)
POP and working on PST files (The fastest)

If IMAP performance isn't enough good, I think we should go to POP configuration.

Tell me about your experiences.

We prefer avoid client software to mantain easy configurations , but if we won't have chance...

Thanks

P.D. : Simple Webmail on 6.1 beta 5 look great and fast, but we don't know when they will release it (our users start to get nervous with performance). Anyone knows something about it?

[Updated on: Mon, 06 June 2005 00:05]

•  
peterj

I have been told that 6.1 will be out by beginning of July.

(However originally they told me it would be last year so I too wouldn't rely on this info.)
  •  
jshaw541

I would say the performance problem probably has something mainly to do with the relatively slow client computers (especially the G3's). Additionally, OS X doesn't make an especially high-thoroughput server environment. Don't get me wrong, I love OS X, and it's my favorite environment, but it's crap for thoroughput performance.

You might consider testing KMS on a Linux or Windows server and see if there's much improvement. We run 2,000 users using IMAP on a dual P4 2.8ghz Windows 2003 system and I would say we could probably safely double that before I'd get worried about server resources.

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
Previous Topic: java script error "kacna"
Next Topic: Distribution Lists in 6.1
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 11:17:51 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00406 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.