Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » To Install or Not to Install KOC
  •  
theskillster

Send a private message to this user
Why is it, that I install kerio on about 50 machines for about 30 users, and about 10 users DO NOT have kerio installed properly???
we use a mix of windows 2000 SP4 and XP SP2 machines
With a mix of outlook XP latest SP, and outlook 2003 SP1 and a mix of kerio KOC 6.0.8 and 6.0.10
Are network is upto date, as we have Windows Update services server running all available updates to clients.

When I say not installed properly?
No spam button, no Kerio mail server rules tab, no About Kerio outlook Connector option in the about menu.
How to fix this? go to Tools>options>other>advanced>add in manager>install and add KOC.efs and restart outlook.
WHY DO WE HAVE TO DO THIS?
I installed ALL KOC on machines AS ADMIN, logged in as the user and exported their emails from their PSTs to Kerio mail server and REMOVED their old email accounts.
This is a joke, Kerio cant even make a product that INSTALLS properly, let alone WORKS.
  •  
peterj

I have noticed the spam training buttons in the toolbar button often get disabled, however this is usually a result of Outlook 2003 crashing (because of KOC) and then prompting the user to disable the 'unsafe' addin.

On the bright side if/when 6.1 comes out you can mark as spam by moving to the junk folder so losing the buttons is not such a big issue + you can mark multiple mails as spam.

However the other add in dialogs like the message rules & permissions tabs will still be an issue. Also be warned you should be careful about the tone of critiscism of the KOC as Kerio have started removing these kinds of negative posts. Perhaps in the interests of balance we should both post something complimentary quick..?

[Updated on: Wed, 08 June 2005 14:03]

•  
theskillster

How about, KMS and KWS are quite good products,
but KOC really really really needs some serious help.
  •  
peterj

Not to mention KPF.

I can say this as good as Personal Firewalls get.

•  
Kerio_jthomas

Hello,

Have you submitted a support ticket about this, or called us? I have not heard of this issue before.

Cheers,
Joshua Thomas

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

•  
theskillster

I have, please check against my email address
  •  
Michael Thorn

I found that if the process Outlook.exe is running - check task manager - and Outlook is not actually running - from a crash or other programs open the Outlook.exe process - i.e. Maximizer or I-Call software, the Spam Buttons and reminders and Kerio tabs in Outlook aren't available.
Open Task manager and end the Outlook.exe process and open Outlook again. I then get all the above back.
I have logged this as a ticket and am waiting on a response.
Previous Topic: Mailfilter on outgoing mails
Next Topic: Slow Contacts Syncing from Entourage to KMS
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 06:42:59 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00452 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.