Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » A Cunning Plan..... Or so I thought
  •  
peterj

Send a private message to this user

The situation.

I currently have a public folder called misaddressed email & an alias of * on all domains so that any email that goes not non-existent aliases goes into this folder which I check regularly.

This is handy for rescuing emails where the sender has mis-spelled the alias etc.

However a side-effect of this is that theis public folder fills (almost entirely) with spam which is has the right domain but tries random aliases.

I thought it would be useful to make use of this almost undiluted source of spam to train the bayes, so I have been manually marking mail in this folder as spam in order to achieve this.

Since 6.1 supports marking as spam by moving the message to the junk email folder I did the following:

1) Created a user called 'Misaddressed Email'

2) Logged into the webmail as this user and disabled the default move to junk folder setting. Then I created a rule to move all email to this user to the Junk Email Folder.

3) I then shared the folder and subscribed relevant users to it.

However although the rule moves the mail to this folder it does not seem to be marked as spam...

I suspect this must be because 'the user' didn't move the mail but instead the rule did the moving.

Any thoughts anyone...?
That's if anyone reads this whole post to get this far...!
  •  
peterj

•  
Jason

That's a pretty cool idea. I wonder, since mail messages appear to be stored in plain text in the #msgs folder, if sa-learn could be scripted to run across that folder (sa-learn isn't included in the Kerio distribution, but you should be able to get a hold of it off of the Apache site)
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

> I suspect this must be because 'the user' didn't move the mail but instead the rule did the moving.

I believe that is the case. I'll see what the developers have to say about this.

-Joshua

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

•  
peterj

Thanks Joshua,

Can I make a suggestion also.

Several times lately I have helped people out with calendar/contact folders not being visible in public folders etc due to Outlook 2003's default mail only view.

Perhaps it would be handy to put an article in the KB that covers this. (I realise it is not a Kerio specific problem)

I have been pointing people to the following topic which explains the issue & has a screenshot to explain how to change the view.

http://forums.kerio.com/index.php?t=msg&th=6122&star t=0&S=c1025a642de13f585714db9100bd9fa8

Obviously as people upgrade to Outlook 2003 this is often a problem for them.
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

Kerio_jthomas wrote on Mon, 13 June 2005 15:00

> I suspect this must be because 'the user' didn't move the mail but instead the rule did the moving.

I believe that is the case. I'll see what the developers have to say about this.

-Joshua

And the answer is:

The message must be *moved* from one folder on server to another to trigger the training action. Delivering message in a Sieve script is not a move operation - it is insertion of new message to the message store. No training is performed in this case.

-Joshua

Joshua Thomas
Santa Clara, CA 95054

•  
peterj

Can you think of another way this can be achieved...?

This would be really handy as I so much misaddressed mail is spam I have a great source of bayes info.

The rule implies that the mail is being moved but not 'from where' ...

If a rule could do this then this would allow a spam<_at_>email address to be setup for spam to be sent to also which would be useful...?
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

As usual, I can (and will) file a request for this.

But I leave the "how to" up to the developers Smile

-Joshua

Joshua Thomas
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Previous Topic: So - What do we all think of 6.1???
Next Topic: Kerio Outlook Connector Update Procedure
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 22:46:42 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00487 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.