Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » IMAP searching in 6.1?
  •  
j.turley

Send a private message to this user
Has iMAP searching been implemented in any of the 6.1 beat realeases?

Jason...
  •  
pwhodges

Currently there is still no search in the message body. Unfortunately the server responds to the unimplemented search request with an "OK" instead of an IMAP "NO" response, so that clients don't realise that the search wasn't done - I believe that this counts as a bug.

Paul
  •  
j.turley

Thanks for the info.

Surely the ability to search imap messages is fundamental to the imap system and kerio should really sort this out.

I am looking into migrating my users to Thunderbird on Mac OS X but this lack of server side searching is the main thing holding me back.

Jason...
  •  
mitch

Is IMAP search still not implemented in the latest version of Kerio MailServer? Many of our users are frustrated that they can not search "entire message" in Mozilla Thunderbird.

Has anyone been able to get full text searching to work in Thunderbird (via IMAP) or WebMail?
  •  
winkelman

'Full body search' is deemed to heavy a burden on the mail server and so thus far hasn't been implemented in KMS. This is still the case for the upcoming KMS 6.4.0 AFAIK.
  •  
mitch

Thanks for the info Winkelman. I will let our users know it is just not possible.
  •  
winkelman

BTW: you mentioned Thunderbird. Thunderbird is able to manage an offline cache, so perhaps it that mode you can search full body... (then Thunderbird could just search the emails locally and thus wouldn't need KMS's support).
  •  
mitch

Good suggestion and I did already try that, but Thunderbird does not search locally cached IMAP emails (only emails downloaded via POP).

While I have not tested it, but I read somewhere that Kerio MailServer indicates that it is capable of performing an IMAP search and then just returns 0 results. Maybe if Kerio responded that it can not do an IMAP search, Thunderbird would try to search the locally cached files. As I said, I have not tested Kerio's IMAP responses, so I don't know.

Will report back here when I have a chance to run some tests and learn more about how Thunderbird works.
  •  
adhome

2 Years later...

What are the plans about searching email by IMAP?
Still not implemented?

Sorry, but IMAP+Search not working for a webserver is like a Car without engine.

I tested 6.7.1 and still 0 results....

[Updated on: Wed, 21 October 2009 08:41]

•  
marook

adhome wrote on Wed, 21 October 2009 08:40

I tested 6.7.1 and still 0 results....

Well, the iPhone seemes to be able to di IMAP search on the server.
Don't know if it's in the body also, but To, From & Subject at least..

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
  •  
adhome

It's only To, From & Subject. Yes.
But why? Even this forum can search in body.

•  
hvosbergen

I am also in desperate need of this feature. Please implement this and make it an optional enabled/disabled feature for users.

Is anything done with feature requests from the community? We've filed 5 so far and nothing seems to happen.

Now seeing that even this basic functionality isn't available, which is a requirement for any mail user and years of begging from the community to resolve it. It makes me loose my faith in an otherwise 'ok' mail-server.
  •  
marook

And where do you file them? Here in the Forum? Wrong Place!

You need to file them here: support.kerio.com !

[Updated on: Thu, 22 October 2009 10:12]

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
Previous Topic: Spam flag problem!!!!
Next Topic: Verschobene Mails kurzzeitig unauffindbar
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Sep 20 16:45:57 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00575 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.