Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » WiFi stops working after KWF installation
  •  
eych

Send a private message to this user
I am trying the latest trial version of KWF 6.0.11 on a very simple setup:

1 pc with a WiFi card and an Ethernet card (I make a VPN connection to Interntet through this one). WiFi card is connected through an Access Point with a laptop.

Just before KWF installation I've tested the following:

1. Configured the WiFi card on the PC with IP 192.168.0.1, Subnet 255.255.255.0
2. Configured Laptop with IP 192.168.0.2, Subnet 255.255.255.0.
3. Tried to ping PC from Laptop -- everything works, tried to ping Laptop from the PC -- the ping works this way too.

Then I install KWF and suddenly this setup stops working. PC doesn't see the Laptop and vs. What's even more interesting -- the same situation remains after I stop KWF service completely (but keep it installed) -- both machines still don't see each other.

After I uninstall KWF everything starts to magically work again. So it seems that traffic rules or anything like this in KWF doesn't have anything to do with this, since I tried to disable the Engine completely and this didn't help.

What can cause this problem? It seems that KWF installs something that prevents my WiFi network from normal work.

PS. I've even gone an extra mile, installed Ethereal and tried to capture the packets on the Wifi card on the PC. When I do "ping 192.168.0.1" on the laptop I can clearly see the packets coming to PC with requests to tell where is 192.168.0.1, but PC doesn't reply on them.

I'm completely puzzled.
  •  
VreebieZ

Send a private message to this user
For different interface, you need different subnet IP.
Try this:
LAN: 192.168.0.1 Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Wifi: 192.168.1.1 Subnet: 255.255.255.0

Make sure both network adaptors are listed in 'INTERFACE' branch. It should work.

Hope it helps =)
-v
Previous Topic: What are ares Ports?
Next Topic: how to set up laptops for intern use and extern use (IMAPI/FTP)
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 17 22:10:44 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00430 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.