Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KMS 6.0.10 Questions
  •  
atousey

Send a private message to this user
We have been running KMS using KOC 6. 0.10 and Webmail for about 5 weeks, and I have some issues that I hope can be resolved through this forum. I am currently running KMS on a Clarkconnect 3.0 Office box ( a firewall, AV email gateway solution based on Fedora Core 2). First issue was that I could not authenticate against the Windows 2000 AD controller. I could create the mailboxes through the AD extensions, see these through the Admin console, but when I tried to login with Outlook 2003 (with KOC) or Webmail, I would receive the invalid password error.

In order to get this system up for my users, the Clarkconnect box still housed the users' names and passwords when it housed the old Postfix email server. These users and passwords were setup using the Clarkconnect GUI, which gives PAM authentication. These users and passwords are the same as the AD names and passwords.

I reset every user to PAM under KMS Admin console. This has worked fine for both Outlook and Webmail. The only problem has been that if I try to change the password under settings in Webmail by placing the current password and new passwords in the correct boxes and click OK, I get the message that the current password does not match. I have looked at the logs in KMS Admin and have not found any messages to indicate what is wrong.

Has anyone had AD issues using KMS on a Redhat distro? Has anyone had issues changing passwords through Webmail and using Linux PAM?

The second issue is that in the Activities tab of a contact in Outlook will not search through any email received from the contact. Is this a limitation of the Connector?

Any help is appreciated.
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

Send a private message to this user
> Has anyone had issues changing passwords through Webmail and using Linux PAM?

This is a known bug that is still being worked on.

Cheers,
Joshua

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

Previous Topic: Kerio MailServer 6.1.0 beta5
Next Topic: WebMail Interface
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 04:37:29 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00405 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.