Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » KWF 6.1.0: Cannot Authenticate With SSL-VPN
  •  
coco

Send a private message to this user
OK, I have been trying out KWF 6.1.0. All seems to be fine here, except that I cannot logon to the SSL-VPN. Any attempt to do so results in a 'Login failed' response page in the browser.

Here's how I have set things up:

A. On the KWF Server:
1. Enabled the SSL-VPN via the Web Interface/SSL-VPN options page.
2. Generated a new SSL certificate in KWF for the SSL-server.
3. Added a trafic rule to allow incoming HTTPS to the server from the appropriate network(s).
4. Defined users and passwords, and enabled selected users the right to connect via the VPN.
5. All users set to authenticate via the internal user database.

B. On Each User's Computer
1. Installed and trusted the SSL-VPN certificate generated on the server in their browsers.

Noew, when a user connects to https://server the SSL-VPN login page is diaplayed as expected. When the (correct) username and password are entered, however, all they encounter is a "Login failed." response page.

The KWF sslvpn log, while enabled, is totally empty.

Any ideas how I can get this to work?

Regards,
Steve Moss,
CoCo Systems Ltd.
  •  
Anonymous
I noticed in the on-line manual it says must be a user from NT or AD domain to allow connections via new VPN.

Guess something to do with filesharing security.

That would be nice to see some implementation like basic FTP servers which allow virtual sharing of folders for customers without a DC!

•  
coco

Ah, you're right of course - missed that!

Regards,
Steve Moss,
CoCo Systems Ltd.
  •  
ChinDangShun

Coud Mishi explain "Guess something to do with filesharing security.

That would be nice to see some implementation like basic FTP servers which allow virtual sharing of folders for customers without a DC!"

Has this function been included in this version 6.1.0 ?
Hope to receive your reply soon.
  •  
Anonymous
Guess something to do with filesharing security.
The Kerio SSL/VPN allows access to folders/files that are shared in a domain using windows filesharing rules. For Kerio to be able to access the shared items, it should authenticate the VPN user against the windows domain.

That would be nice to see some implementation like basic FTP servers which allow virtual sharing of folders for customers without a DC!"
This is my opinion about what would be a nice feature for the software. Check out some FTP servers to see what I mean. You can share folders on a local machine without needing a domain.

Has this function been included in this version 6.1.0 ?
The SSL/VPN is included in 6.1.0. This is one of the main new features. As for my idea... Ask Kerio!
Smile
Previous Topic: Problem with Trendmicro Officescan
Next Topic: Possible to block certain file types with HTTP?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 22:42:52 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00365 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.