Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Using secure ldap in apple address book
  •  
teddytis

Send a private message to this user
Been considering moving to kerio and in fact we probably will (from communigate, which looks like a headache no matter who we switch to). Looking at the shared contacts list through ldap. Using standard ldap I can connect and search fine. but if I change it to secure ldap it doesn't work anymore. Could this be because it's a self-signed certificate? don't see any errors or anything. I even tried watching it from ethereal and don't see anything odd that cought my attention (kinda hard when it's all encrypted).

I then tried it on Mozilla Thunderbird and it works fine, both LDAP and LDAPS. I have tried both 6.0.10 and 6.1RC1. And obviously I don't want email passwords going over the internet plain text everytime someone searches for a contact. This may not pose a really big problem since in order to see the contact in apple's mail.app you have to copy it to the person's personal address book. So it would just be a good tool for new hires to add everyone to their address book and for everyone to add the new hire to their address books.

Also sort of off topic, but 6.1 should officially support tiger server, correct? Haven't really heard much other than the post a month and a half ago mentioning that right now it's unsupported, although I've been doing all the testing on it without any problems. but also not using the open directory stuff either which i guess is the big issue with tiger.
  •  
rinzwind

Send a private message to this user
Never mind... Closing Address Book en reopening it made it work.

[Updated on: Sun, 31 August 2008 23:07]

Previous Topic: Weird DNSBL issue with zen.spamhaus.org
Next Topic: Major configuration issue with Domain Name / Relay Mailserver and delivery
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 19 14:52:56 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00385 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.