Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Phone support for Kerio Mail Server
  •  
dchristensen

Send a private message to this user
I'm running 6.0.10 sp3 mailserver on a SuSE SLES 9 LINUX server. Right now I'm seeing in the debug log that the server is continually sorting one user's inbox, yet this user is not even here today.

I've stopped the server and forced it to do a 'fix-up' on the mailbox, but it's still in that continual sorting mode. This must also be feeding a memory leak because the memory footprint of the server grows continuously as well. FYI - when it saturates available memory on the server, mail functions stop forcing me to do a restart on the mailserver.

The real kicker here is that there is noone answering the phone support line here in the U.S. Don't know what's up, but in my view there's no excuse not to have coverage during the business day across the country. In my mind that would also include having someone there a little earlier in the morning as well.

For all of the talk about how reliable this mail server is, I have to say that I'm not seeing it. My installation requires continuous monitoring in order to keep it running and I don't have the time available to do that.

Sorry about the rant, but I'm reaching the limits of my patience and tolerance. I am willing to go a long way to move away from Microsoft products, but not at the cost of having to spend all of my time baby-sitting software that's starting to make the impression that it's NOT ready for prime-time.

David Christensen
Brokers International, Ltd
Panora, IA 50216
Phone: 641-755-2775
email: dchristensen<_at_>theimg.net
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

Dave, are you sure you have the right number?

It's (408) 496-3367 for Support and (408) 496-4500 for our main number.

All of our support staff is currently in the office and we have several people free.

Cheers,
Joshua Thomas

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

•  
dchristensen

That's really funny since I've now just called the Support number you just listed and I was directed to voice mail on that number as well.

You should now have two voice mail messages and I have yet to receive a call-back on either of them.

David Christensen
Panora, IA 50216
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

Dave, I suspect something odd going on with the phones. Please call our main number and ask to speak with Support.

Cheers,
Joshua Thomas

Joshua Thomas
Santa Clara, CA 95054

•  
Kerio_jthomas

Dave, my support tech confirms he recieved your voice mail while on another call and someone will get back to you.

-Joshua

Joshua Thomas
Santa Clara, CA 95054

•  
dchristensen

Joshua,

I'm still here though our offices are closed. The receptionist/operator has left so you'll have to select my extension to reach my desk. The extension is 1032.

David Christensen
Panora, IA 50216
  •  
sedell

I ran into this problem just last week. The mailserver was running really high CPU usage. I had 3 clients that were stuck in a loop of continually sorting the inbox. I was able to fix it by shutting down the problem clients, deleting the __keriomapi__STORE folder, and the index.fld file from the inbox folder.

I hope that helps.

Scott
  •  
dchristensen

Thanks for the reply. I've tried that path in some circumstances and it's worked occassionally. On Friday, I was seeing the mail server in a continual loop sorting a user's inbox and the user wasn't logged in, or, in fact, even present that day. In that case, I deleted the _keriomapi_store folder and that didn't stop it. I stopped the server and forced a rebuild of the user's inbox .. That didn't stop it.

I finally logged on as the user, created a new folder at the root of her mail store, copied all of the messages from the inbox into the new folder and THEN it stopped.

This circumstance has me worried since it's the first time that I've seen that sort of behavior with a user not even connected to the mail server.

David Christensen
Panora, IA 50216
  •  
dchristensen

Now we're looking at Monday morning and the user has received mail over the weekend. We're right back at the INBOX going into that continual sorting loop. Don't know what will happen when this user arrives and logs in. Have to wait for a bit to see.

David Christensen
Panora, IA 50216
  •  
sedell

Just curious, "the user wasn't logged in"... does that mean to the network, or to e-mail? I've seen several occasions where Outlook hangs in the background but appears closed. I had to kill the process on one client machine before I started to insure it was closed.

Scott
  •  
dchristensen

In this case, a coworker had logged into the machine in order to access an external Outlook Express-accessed email account with one of our insurance carriers. Outlook itself had not been executed on the workstation. As an experiment, we powered the workstation up and down several times with no effect on the processes running on the mail server.

To emphasize, the Outlook Express account accesses an EXTERNAL server and not the Kerio server.

I've also seen Outlook hang around as a process in the background, but this wasn't happening on Friday. My user is in the office today and her mailbox is again starting the continual sorting process.

David Christensen
Panora, IA 50216
Previous Topic: RC1 + KSP = Thousands of Duplicate Contacts
Next Topic: Zend Optimizer error
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 10:31:26 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00467 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.