Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Localisation of mail folders
  •  
mthibault

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I work for a french VAR.

I'm testing KMS on a demo server (we're very probably going to deploy it to 120+ Outlook clients with KOC for a customer).

I have a problem : IMAP "Sent items" "Deleted items" "Drafts" "Junk email" folders are showing up next to their french counterparts "Eléments envoyés" "Eléments supprimés" "Brouillons" "Courrier indésirable".

This is reproductible in either Outlook or Outlook Express.

This is quite an important issue and will be most confusing for the end user.

Is there a way to specify to Kerio the names of those folders ?

Thanks,

Matthieu
  •  
giampos

mthibault wrote on Mon, 27 June 2005 12:52

Hi,
I have a problem : IMAP "Sent items" "Deleted items" "Drafts" "Junk email" folders are showing up next to their french counterparts "Eléments envoyés" "Eléments supprimés" "Brouillons" "Courrier indésirable".
Matthieu

I have the same problem with the italian version of Outlook Express with imap! There are 2 duplicates for each folder DRAFT and the "italian" BOZZE, I notified this to the tech support and they have admitted this bug, I'm waiting for solution......
  •  
mthibault

It's a shame because in order to move users' workstations smoothtly it would have been much better for this bug to be fixed. Ending up with several folders with either the exact same name or the english version of the name is not at all user-friendly.

This must not be a very hard thing to fix since it's all about respecting IMAP naming standards (I like english however many people don't know a word of it).
  •  
Anonymous
Did tech support give you a bug number? I don't see this with 6.0.10.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

This is not a bug. It's standard behavior of Outlook Express. It creates new IMAP folders with localized names instead of standard ones. You can set which folder will be considered as Drafts, Deleted items etc. in settings of Outlook Express IMAP account.
  •  
giampos

PavelDobry wrote on Thu, 30 June 2005 01:06

This is not a bug. It's standard behavior of Outlook Express. It creates new IMAP folders with localized names instead of standard ones. You can set which folder will be considered as Drafts, Deleted items etc. in settings of Outlook Express IMAP account.

That's right, but in OE we can only change "draft" and "Sent Items" to switch them in the english folder (the one used by Kerio web mail) and we cannot use the localized folders (Italian for me), and we cannot setup web mail to use localized folders (this feauture was present in the KMS 5.7.x.)
  •  
mthibault

It's even a bit more complex than that.

Outlook 2003 shows localized names using KOC.

Connecting to the same account using OE creates a whole set of new folders, showing the other ones with english names.

It may seem an unimportant thing to many of you, however I can tell you that many users will not see an application displaying parts of it in english instead of french as a good thing. This is a sentive issue here. (I can of course only tell you about France, I don't know if the others feel the same... We french people can be annoying sometimes, I know ;))

I'm sorry to tell you that it's not a bug since this does not happen using a very basic sendmail/imapd linux server.

Please ?
Previous Topic: RC1 expires June 30th 2005
Next Topic: MAPI/IMAP
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 04:05:47 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00401 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.