Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Messages cannot be antivirus scanned
  •  
peterj

Send a private message to this user

I have a problem with KMS 6.1 RC1

I use the integration with Symantec Scan Engine for virus scanning.

Occasionally (twice a week) we get a mail which gets stuck in the message queue with the status cant antivirus scan.

I usually have to delete the message from the queue but I have noticed that if I open the eml there is no apparent problem with the mail which would cause the AV scan to fail.

Any Ideas...?

•  
DuckFan

I get the same thing. Unfortunately, they are usually important emails that are to/from our clients. I usually disable the AVscanner in the Kerio admin console, let the email through then reenable the scanner. Certainly not an ideal solution from a security situation.

It is kind of a pain, and I've played with virtually every combination of settings within Kerio and Symantec consoles to no avail. My next step was to try running Symantec on a different machine. Maybe Symantec AV scan engine 5.0 will solve this (due out soon) but I doubt it as this has been an issue for me for a couple years.

Lucklily I'm the only one in my company that knows about the problem, otherwise I'm sure I'd get blamed for every possible late email...
  •  
peterj

I will try the new version - if I can get my hands on it.

Symantec don't exactly make it easy for their maintenance customers to get hold of new versions of the SSE...!
  •  
peterj

We have just renewed our subscription and now have the ability to download SSE version 5

Does Kerio (perhaps in 6.1) support SSE 5.x as the admin console states SSE4 ???

Any input would be much appreciated..!

Thanks

Previous Topic: Problem with "german Umlaute"
Next Topic: TOO MANY OPEN FILE Errors
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 04:54:14 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00358 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.