Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Spoofed Local Addresses question
  •  
squeemy

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

We are currently using Kerio Mail Server and think its great.

We want to upgrade from ftgate to kerio on another company of ours. They have several branches using their own mail servers. These are setup like mail.A.domain.com, mail.B.domain.com & mail.C.domain.com. Our email addresses then are really user<_at_>A.domain.com etc... However, to the outside world they all appear as user<_at_>domain.com.

So when we send an email to a staff member, if its not a mailbox on the local server ftgate sends it out to the internet instead of rejecting it. Our Web/DNS Host then has it set at their end which user resides on which mail server and forwards it appropriately.

FTGATE allows spoofed local addresses (addresses from the local domain that don't have a valid mailbox). This is how we get it to work currently.

I cant see any way for Kerio to do this. Is it possible ??

Hope I made myself clear..... thanks.
  •  
sedell

Try looking at the setting for the domain. There is a tab 'Forwarding' with an option 'If recipient was not found in this domain, forward the message to another host'. I imagine you'd have to be careful with that though... an invalid address could circulate among your servers forever if a valid mailbox isn't found on any of your hosts.

Scott
  •  
squeemy

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your reply. I think you might be on the right track. I'm going to set up a trial one and test it out. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks for your help.

Previous Topic: MAPI/IMAP
Next Topic: KMS - SMTP-Speed !?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 13:09:59 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00408 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.